Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StripedZass

Deep sea rod

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for some suggestions here. I plan on doing a few blackfish trips but also some offshore Sea bass, Ling, Cod trips this winter to make winter less painful.  I plan on buying the Penn Fathom 25N for my summer shark setup so I will use that reel for these trips as well.  What I am wondering is what is a good all-around rod for these trips. I have a lamiglas 7030 CT but I am not sure that was meant for 16-20oz sinkers which I am told would be needed for the offshore trips so I may need a second rod for the deeper water.  What suggestions do you have that are around $150-$200?  I will only be using this setup a handful of times each winter so I don’t want to go to crazy

I use a  heavy rod for offshore seabass 8' long good for 20oz

my tog rod can double as a seabass jig rod, not so much heavy weight and bait

I have 2 outfits for this...

im in pa just over the waltwhitman bridge I have a HD seabass bait rod for 200 sitting here,

if you want to see the tog and seabass rod ,, stop over 

Stripedazz

I have a few off the shelf as well as customs that would fit the bill for your budget and below depending on which rod you would be interested.  I am local to you in Cranford so send me a pm with your # so we can set up date and time for you to take a look.  I would suggest you bring reel with you you plan to use as the key to a good bottom fishing set up is how rod and reel balance together in your hand.

Alex

MVP