MAGA

7" Bomber Magnum Long A 1.5oz.

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Bought it for $2 at a garage sale - cheap mistake. I figured most members would know but maybe could save someone the mistake. Yes, the 16A model is better! Has anyone used the Shimano Coltsniper Jerkbait 170? 

Edited by MAGA

Bought it for $2 at a garage sale - cheap mistake. I figured most members would know but maybe could save someone the mistake. Yes, the 16A model is better! Has anyone used the Shimano Coltsniper Jerkbait 170?

Huh?? Mistake? Sure they cast like potato chips, but they catch.

Casts like crap! Took the hardware off and binned this one - you've been warned!

What do you mean that it casts like crap?? What is happening when you make it a projectile that you don't like??  Also, what do you think of it's retrieve??

The Bomber Magnum in black or chartreuse was a killer lure for me at Block Island.   Had one good night a few years ago there with dozens of bass to 45", most on the Magnum.   I didn't need to cast that far either.   ;)

Edited by GeoffT

I don't think a Bomber would go 100 yards if you shot it out of a cannon. 

Saying that a Bomber is a lousy lure because it don't cast is like saying that Katarina Witt is unattractive because she ain't a blond. You're missing the whole point. 

Casts like crap! Took the hardware off and binned this one - you've been warned!

why is casting distance so important? Sometimes they are out far, but there are different lures I can use to reach them. Most of the time people are casting way over the fish and dont know it. Bombers are awesome lures to use!

They catch but the lure profile really doesn't do well in the wind. They're easily the worst casting lure I've thrown; will stick to the 16A model and SP minnow.

They catch but the lure profile really doesn't do well in the wind. They're easily the worst casting lure I've thrown; will stick to the 16A model and SP minnow.

You ever fished a RedFin?