jjdbike

Tackle Warehouse opinions please?

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Have you or anyone you know ever bought anything from Tackle Warehouse?

I’m flying to CA & need to have everything when I get there as I’ll have limited time & access to a car. I always prefer to buy local brick & mortor when I can & if I can’t I love Tackle Direct. Unfortunatly Tackle Direct dosen’t have what I need & neither does , Charkbait, Bass Pro Or Cabelas.

Tackle Wherehouse seems to stock everything I’m looking for. I Googled Tackle Warehouse reviews & got very mixed results. Some loved them so much the reviews were suspicous, other blasted their customer service & turnaround time. That would be a problem as I need it to get here fast.

Can anyone here either reassure me that they are okay or warn me if they are undependable please?

Thanks!

JD

TW is the BEST, they cater mainly to freshwater angler but their selection is pretty much unmatched. 5$ express shipping... you will have it in 2 days. I've had nothing but positive experience with them for years.

Thanks again everyone.

I wonder why so many terrible reviews online?

JD

My guess if people have a bad experience they are more willing to speak out vs people with good or fair experience.

50/50 for me

When the stuff is there and you got the extra shipping it's worth it

But a lot of time stuff is out of stock and no one calls or emails and your sits in limbo with no communication

My son buys a lot of stuff from there, never an issue. Recently I ordered some lures but needed to change the colors ordered and I got someone on the line right away and they changed everything without an issue. they run a lot of sales and carry items BPS does not. I highly recommend for freshwater. 

If you order a rod from them make sure you leave in the comments "check for manufacture defects and straightness"....it's takes two weeks to send one back and receive the new one. all could be avoided if they would check them before they are shipped. that's my only gripe with TW.

Edited by BridgeTender