digirambo

Lamiglas TFX7040CT vs. Kevin Bogan Fish Poison FC70MH?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

My e-glass is custom made from a lamiglas blank by my friend im pretty sure the bogan rods are e-glass also was just trying to show the difference in a e-glass and a new material composite. Pretty sure lami still has factory e-glass they might start with bt at the beginning of the model number but would have to confirm. If you like I can check it out. The black demon has a fast tapper with plenty of backbone the first 2 to 2 1/2 feet of the rod bends when a fish is on. The e-glass bengs pretty much up to the fore grip depending on how big the fish is.Hope that helps let me know

I picked up the jigging work black demon in MH this year and have fished 8-10ozs with no problem. I really enjoy fishing with it. Easy to spend a day at the rail with it, it's light and has a ton of backbone. I also like how the grips and reel seat are laid out for this type of fishing.

Probably can't go wrong with any of the rods being discussed... it will eventually come down to your preference once you've fished a few

Yup, that's the problem. I actually need to fish with them to really get a good feel for what I like... And in order to do that, I need to buy all three, lol. I want to stick with what I know and get the 7650, but you probably know the feeling of wanting to check out what other rods have to offer. I thought there would be a clear winner of the three, but that doesn't seem to be the case, lol.

I was also looking for a tog stick for this season, and I finally just ordered the black demon 7.5mh. Really liked the feel of the Lami7030ct also, but decided on the JW rod. Just a heads up: they are running a discount code: happyholidays. Gave me an additional 15% off, I couldn't pass it up.

I took a look through Lami's site just now.  It appears that there is no longer a 7650 blank, or rod.  (I also have noticed that Slacker knows his stuff.)

Edited by BrianBM

On 12/6/2016 at 1:40 PM, Slacker said:

I do have the 7030.  The difference in feel between the 7030 and 7650 is less than the difference between the 7030 and 7040.  The 7650 feels more like a medium action where the 7030 and 7040 feel more like a fast action.  You will have no problem using 10-12 oz sinkers with the 7650... 16 oz would be pushing it.  

I fished the 7030 since the rod hit the market.  I bought the 7650 later.  Now, I prefer the 7650 for togging and only use the 7030 if the bite is very light.  I have also used the 7650 for what little cod jigging I have done... great with 12 oz jigs.

All this stuff is pretty subjective, but you should see if you can find a place that stocks both rods so you can see how they feel to you.

Do you think its wise to get the 7650 over the 7030ct? What are the differences? Here I am thinking I should get the 7030?

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Lamiglas TFX rods are my favorite, inshore boat rods. I have most of them - 7020C-Fluke, 7020CT-Bass/Blues, 7030C-Bass/blues and the 7040CT-blackfish.

Never had a problem with any of them, but always use the 7040CT for Blackfish. I had the 7030CT at one point, but sold it and bought another 7040CT. Lifting the Blackfish into the boat or getting rocked is a job for the 7040CT.

Best of luck, Lami

PS: The CT models are the blackfish series, and the C series are fine for the rest of the inshore species, bass, blues, fluke, sea bass, etc.

IMG_0915.jpg

Edited by Lamiglasmike

Maybe not from Lamiglas Mike, but I wouldn't part with mine short of gunpoint.  Daiwa Saltiga 30H, Lexa 400, Newell 220, 229, and others. 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:17 AM, Tymers112 said:

Do you think its wise to get the 7650 over the 7030ct? What are the differences? Here I am thinking I should get the 7030?

No.  Get the 7030.  The 7030 is a good rod and lots of people - myself included - like it.  I am pretty much alone on an island with regard to my opinions on the 7650.