bennie

Retirement is boring

Rate this topic

417 posts in this topic

20 mins ago, Lou T said:

@Marty Hey pal, since you got a lot on your plate, show this to you better half. I'm sure she needs some support and has to adjust to.

12248BEC-E102-405E-AE6D-A78CA386818A.jpeg.5f12c7197dcbaf2271df6e953e2f6299.jpeg

Lmao... Mary hasn't lost her wife...luckily, Mary (then marty) married a wonderful and accepting woman.. she understood his need and now they will remain married as a same sex couple...

I wish there was some way we could eulogize the man that once was... then a little party to warmly welcome another avid female angler to our community... 

She'll probably go for a sponsorship or something now. 

You know how that works....Hold a fish in front of your boobs and all of a sudden everyone wants to throw you free gear and make u sit on a yeti cooler.. . 

She will enjoy all the attention I'm sure 

Edited by Beachglass Guru

14 mins ago, Beachglass Guru said:

Lmao... Mary hasn't lost her wife...luckily, Mary (then marty) married a wonderful and accepting woman.. she understood his need and now they will remain married as a same sex couple...

I wish there was some way we could eulogize the man that once was... then a little party to warmly welcome another avid female angler to our community... 

She'll probably go for a sponsorship or something now. 

You know how that works....Hold a fish in front of your boobs and all of a sudden everyone wants to throw you free gear and make u sit on a yeti cooler.. . 

She will enjoy all the attention I'm sure 

You know, I said this before and it's time to say it again. This Marty thing has reached a whole new level of weird; maybe you should take this Marty / Mary thing to the tavern and start your own thread there. Should go over big there, as he identified a lot of the members here as clowns... :clown:

I'm out of the Marty / Mary saga 

Lou T

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, Cascade said:

My quote " Being retired with enough money in your pocket is like grand larceny"'

My buddies " If I had to go to work today I'd slit my throat".

I got banged up pretty good from a fall at work that could have been a lot worse. I get offers to return as a boss or supervisor, tempting but I soon get over it. The LIE at 4am and heading to the Apple is not a fun spot to be.

Know what you mean!  I had a 2 hour commute into the city on the NE Corridor and maybe 2.5 to 3 hours to get home.  Did that for 10 years!  (2 hours - 15 min to train station, 15 min waiting on the track, 55 minutes on train, 10 minutes to walk to bus stop, 20 minutes for bus to drop me off in front of the office).

Retirement is totally what you make of it!! IMHO retirement is GREAT. Social security just paid for 8 days in Fl, and it will pay for a cruise next month, and a Panama kayak trip in May.

53 mins ago, cheech said:

Retirement is totally what you make of it!! IMHO retirement is GREAT. Social security just paid for 8 days in Fl, and it will pay for a cruise next month, and a Panama kayak trip in May.

You better post about that kayak trip! Either Panama or Costa Rica is on my bucket list.

I'm semi-retired at 57, and will never make it the whole way! My mechanical design business is slowed down to old clients calling me once in a while, but I manage & maintain my 12 rental apartments. That can be anywhere from nothing to full time renovation, and won't change until I can't physically do the work.

1 hour ago, cheech said:

I retired this past October and want to do Panama after I do Costa Rica( Leaving Thursday for C.R.) Please post review on Panama when you get back.  

My kayak is still in my garage though , haven’t splashed it since I purchased it .  Lol

31 mins ago, gellfex said:

You better post about that kayak trip! Either Panama or Costa Rica is on my bucket list.

I'm semi-retired at 57, and will never make it the whole way! My mechanical design business is slowed down to old clients calling me once in a while, but I manage & maintain my 12 rental apartments. That can be anywhere from nothing to full time renovation, and won't change until I can't physically do the work.

Costa Rica is amazing you have to go 

8 mins ago, puff tentacle said:

I retired this past October and want to do Panama after I do Costa Rica( Leaving Thursday for C.R.) Please post review on Panama when you get back.  

My kayak is still in my garage though , haven’t splashed it since I purchased it .  Lol

Costa Rica is amazing you have to go 

I've been, but not on a fishing specific trip. I want to take my college age son to one of those remote kayak fishing camps.

Today I was at shady pines retirement home,,,,:laugh: had to get 20 gallons of water for the cookers in this building,,,,didn't know the roof was caving in,,,,then up to the top after the cookers,,,:hooked:

20190213_190001.jpg

20190213_090222.jpg