Clash 5000 handle knob

mike1010

Krnguy712, on 19 Apr 2017 - 3:02 PM, said:

Tony - have you had a chance to review my question yet? Does Slammer 3 handle assembly work for Penn Clash? If so, are you guys offering Slammer 3 handles for sale?

Seeweed - post pictures if you have any?

Thanks,

krnguy712

Just FYI, Tony is on vacation.

Penn Pro Staffer
"The best kind of fish in the world is the one on the end of a kid's line"

Sorry for the late reply I am still out of the office for the remainder of the week.  I will check if the entire handle assembly is able to be swapped when I return, if I had to guess it would be no.  The knob however can be swapped, you would also need the O-ring and cap.

tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for checking when you get back.

What specific parts need to be ordered for Penn Slammer 3 knob to fit/work with Penn Clash 4000 handle assembly? 

Is the process easy?

Ideally I want to use the whole handle assembly (That gold color is money!), but if it's not a direct fit then it won't work out ... =(

Best regards,

-krnguy712

Good morning,

The entire handle assembly from a Slammer III 4500 will not fit the Clash 4000.  You will need to purchase from the below schematic key #'s 15E, 15K, 24C.  The bearings and screw can be used from your Clash reel. 

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/PENN/Manuals/New/PEN_Schematics_SLAMMER%20III%204500%20REV%2000%201403983.pdf

tony

Hi Tony,

I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Welcome Back, and Thanks for your reply!

I checked pennparts.com - and it appears that 15E-SLA3500 (1418976), 15K-SLA3500 (1418968) and 24C-SLA3500 (1418985) are all out of stock - can these parts be ordered through Penn Direct?

If so, I will be making my phone order shortly.

Thanks again for your help.

-krnguy712

Hi Tony,

I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Welcome Back, and Thanks for your reply!

I checked pennparts.com - and it appears that 15E-SLA3500 (1418976), 15K-SLA3500 (1418968) and 24C-SLA3500 (1418985) are all out of stock - can these parts be ordered through Penn Direct?

If so, I will be making my phone order shortly.

Thanks again for your help.

-krnguy712

Parts Customer Service

Monday thru Friday

8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST

Phone: (800) 892-5444

Most Slammer III parts are now in stock.

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing

Parts Customer Service

Monday thru Friday

8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST

Phone: (800) 892-5444

Most Slammer III parts are now in stock.

tony

Thanks again Tony!

I'll post pictures after I get my order placed and parts swapped out. I checked last night and I had no problem removing the black flathead screw piece with a quarter - so that's a good start!

-krnguy712

Edited by Krnguy712

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again Tony!

I'll post pictures after I get my order placed and parts swapped out. I checked last night and I had no problem removing the black flathead screw piece with a quarter - so that's a good start!

-krnguy712

thank you both. I have been waiting to to replace the handle on my clash 4000 its too small for my paws 

Learn to Swim...

this is a great upgrade 

Penn Clammer 3.1 - You know what I mean? :howdy:

Looks good striperondafly -

We might be the only two in the world with this setup, unless others have upgraded but not shared ...haha!

All jokes aside, I fished with it this weekend at OC inlet bridge and the new addition held up nicely.

Cranking fish in was a breeze, and with the new titanium shaft the Clash 4000 seems bulletproof!

Thanks again Tony - appreciate all your efforts and support.

-krnguy712