Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sedge Man

A Snowstorm Cometh...

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR 10 TO 15 INCHES OF SNOW...

A DANGEROUS AND SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT THE ENTIRE AREA SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL OF EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, ALL OF NEW JERSEY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF COASTAL ATLANTIC COUNTY AND CAPE MAY COUNTY, NEW CASTLE AND KENT COUNTIES IN DELAWARE AND CECIL, KENT AND QUEEN ANNE'S COUNTIES IN MARYLAND.

THE UPCOMING WINTER STORM WILL HAVE TWO PHASES. THE FIRST PHASE WILL FEATURE VERY HEAVY SNOW SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SATURDAY EVENING WHERE THE MAJORITY OF THE ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL SO HEAVILY THAT NEAR WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY WITH RATES REACHING ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR. THE SECOND PHASE OCCURRING OVERNIGHT SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY WILL FEATURE LIGHTER SNOW, BUT CONSIDERABLY STRONGER WINDS. THIS WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF WHAT IS EXPECTED TO BE A VERY POWDERY SNOW. THIS MAY CAUSE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE INTO EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, EASTERN MARYLAND, DELAWARE AND SOUTHWEST NEW JERSEY LATE SATURDAY MORNING AND THE REST OF NEW JERSEY BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE WILL AVERAGE 10 TO 15 INCHES ACROSS THE ENTIRE WARNING AREA.

TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL BECOME DOWNRIGHT HAZARDOUS AND ALL UNNECESSARY TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED ONCE THE HEAVY SNOW BEGINS. FOLLOW THE DIRECTION OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND POLICE IN YOUR AREA. DRIVING CONDITIONS SHOULD START IMPROVING LATER SUNDAY AFTERNOON AS WINDS DIMINISH.

ANOTHER FACTOR WILL BE THE VERY LOW WIND CHILLS. AS WINDS INCREASE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY, WIND CHILL FACTORS WILL DROP BELOW ZERO ACROSS NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY AND THE SINGLE NUMBERS ELSEWHERE FROM SATURDAY NIGHT AND LAST THROUGH THE DAY ON SUNDAY. AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WAS OVER THE HIGH PLAINS. IT IS FORECAST TO MOVE INTO THE OHIO VALLEY SATURDAY MORNING AND CROSS THE CENTRAL APPALACHIANS SATURDAY AFTERNOON. A SECONDARY LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS THEN FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVER THE DELMARVA COASTAL WATERS SATURDAY EVENING AND INTENSIFY RAPIDLY. THE LOW SHOULD BE WELL EAST OF OUR REGION BY SUNDAY MORNING.

I'm ready. Got a couple of jugs and a bag of reels to service. 2 football games on Sunday. Bring it on smile.gif

Yupyup, I'm finally gonna bring all the gear in outta the truck and start the winter service.

I'm ready. 2 football games on Sunday. Bring it on smile.gif

My biggest fear is losing power on Sunday right before gametime cwm31.gif

I think Sudsy just blacked out TV coverage for NJ on Sunday, thats a complete whammy, curse, evil eye, if my TV goes out Sunday, look out your window, I'll be knocking on your door.

BTW, who you like, I'm going Philly and New England, Im always wrong!!

Manhattan! Sounds like fun.

... Blizzard Warning remains in effect from noon Saturday to noon EST

Sunday...

Snow will move in late Saturday morning. It will become very heavy

late Saturday afternoon and evening. The snow will taper off Sunday

morning. Final snow accumulations will be 12 to 18 inches by Sunday

morning. In addition to the snow... northeast winds will increase

Saturday afternoon... and will be quite gusty Saturday night and

Sunday morning. Winds may gust up to 50 mph late Saturday night and

early Sunday morning... allowing for visibilities to drop to near zero

at times. These winds will result in significant blowing and drifting

of snow as well as power outages. Wind chill values will be below

zero at times.

This is a life-threatening winter weather situation! Preparations to

protect life and property need to be completed by noon Saturday!

i like swow but only when im skiing.local snow costs me alot of missed business and plowing expenses. COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY

Whats SWOW cwm27.gifwink.gif

Ocean Gate get off the streets redface.gif

Sedge go back to bed biggrin.gifHappyWave.gif