Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seein Stripes

Gentlemen, Another Photo....71 lbs

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Caught her Saturday night (7/22) at about 10:00 PM. Had about a 1/2 lb chunk of river herring, aka skipjack, aka Alosa chrysochloris on a 6/0 E.Claw 2006 circle hook under a 2 oz egg on top of a #5 brass barrel swivel (no top swivel or beads). 7' Penn power graph rod with 4500 Shimano Baitrunner spooled w/14 lb Stren Original. The fish took 2-3 minutes to land from hook-up. 54" long, 36" girth, 71 lbs and UUUUUgly. Flathead catfish, aka Pylodictis olivaris, Tennessee River style. Thank you very much, my biggest fish ever....by 31 lbs! ha ha ha Oh yes, managed 3 fish of the saxatilis speciation today as well (Sunday). 20, 23 and 25 lbs. All caught within 30 minutsies. Here's a refresher photo: (Don't ya just love it?)

fb4

Oh yes, go to the website of the above photo url to get a few more glimpses. Hey Tim, that wasn't advertising was it?

SeeinStripes...the pic of the bass, you say is a #25? Sure looks alot bigger then that!!! Ya sure yer scale was reading right??

Great pics, that bass looks perty.wink.gif

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me!!!

2-3 minutes to land on 14 l.b test? sounds like the cat wanted to see if there was more food in the boat. Doesn't it (shouldn't it)take longer to land a fish of that size on light line?

Well, I didn't say it was a striper, but it was caught while striper fishing on 14 lb test.

hugecat1.jpg

Here in the PA / NJ Region (Delaware River) the DEP / Fish and Game folks are sending out bulletins saying "please do NOT release! Catch and kill these things."

They ARE ugly, ain't they- and they eat everything in sight!