Musovski

Whats your Set-up?

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

Basically i just want to see what everyone else uses, just out of curiousity.

I currently use the following:

- 11' Tsunami airwave casting rod paired with an Avet SX, sometime i switch it out for my Penn Squall 12 

- 10' Tsunami Tuff Tip paired with a Shimano Ultegra 5500 xsc

Use #65 PowerPro braid on there, color: red.

10' Airwave, Penn Clash 5000 spooled with suffix832 40lb in ghost white, usually use 50lb fluorocarbon leader.  

For the bay I have an 8' Airwave with a Penn Battle2 4000 with suffix 832 20lb in ghost white, with 25lb leader. 

10 ft airwave and first generation Penn battle 7000. 65 lb pp red. Leader varies from 80 to 50 lb clear ande mono except for shallow water and albie fishing when I use 40 lb flouro.

Zeebaas 25, Century slingshot 1267, Powerpro 40lb

vsx200, Star paraflex, Spiderwire invisabraid 30lb

Shifting into speck mode with a st. croix avid inshore vis76mlf and a stradic fk 3000

12' Penn Battalion rod, Penn 990 Mag. 11' okumo Longtitude , with a Penn 750 SS. 10' St Croix graph lite , with a Penn 140 squidder. That's the meat rod line up.

St Croix Mojo 10ft 1-4 oz with Cabo pts 60 

TFO 9ft 1-5 oz with Daiwa bg 5000 (disapointed of the rod rating, its more a 1-3)

St Croix triumph 9 ft with spinfisher 5500

There was another thread like this but frankly I'm in love with my St Croix Avid Inshore VIS80MHF8'MH with my Shimano Spheros SP600SW. 30 lb spiderwire cast king or whatever, various leader 30-80 lb. casts almost as far as my longer surf rods but it's faster and sensitive enough for all the lures I use. Best aspect though is after hooking a fish it is super comfortable fighting the fish. And light enough for all day at the beach. I hate the color though...