rayndogg19

Kick start the build season! "SWAP"

Rate this topic

321 posts in this topic

Finally got the Vega duplicating fairly accurately to my template today, so I'll crank out a dozen or so of these surface walkers tomorrow. The last picture is an older build from the same shape. Thinking I may do y'all some "driftwood" stained natural plugs with the red head.

Look awesome!

All the bodies have been turned, sealed, primed, and 4 of 12 painted, 2 epoxied.  I rigged the first tonight, and tied a dressed hook for experiments with colors, I'm happy and hope you all are too!  This is what I'm bringing to the table for you guys.  Hopefully everyone is satisfied with them!  If not...  Well there's always next swap!  Stay tuned for group pics.  -Pat

post-73123-0-42789100-1486082867.jpg

post-73123-0-50554800-1486082880.jpg

post-73123-0-78704400-1486082892.jpg

Gonna make sea robin darters for this.....with wings

gonna do something alot easier then this do to time and show building.Looks like small stubby floating needles with high end paint jobs

Posted (edited)

Alright, here we go!

*5" Howdy/Spook Plug

*Alaskan Yellow Cedar

*Chartreuse Sparkle (I decided to go simple and clean with the paint. I had nightmares of getting down to the last lure and royally f**king up a design element and having to make a whole new unit. LOL)

*VMC Trebles

*Custom Designed Glass Eyes

*Belly Hook Holder (Very Strong Rare Earth Magnet)

*Avg Weight around 2 oz. (Some variation due to AYC baluster density variation)

*Casts like a bullet & walks the dog really well with the occasional "porpoising".

post-53800-0-64747900-1486329971.jpg

post-53800-0-80253200-1486329993.jpg

post-53800-0-39082500-1486330014.jpg

Edited by TipUp

There are twelve people so we are each making 11 plugs, or 12 if you wanna keep one of your own. I just didn't photograph all of mine because several are still being clear-coated.

There are twelve people so we are each making 11 plugs, or 12 if you wanna keep one of your own. I just didn't photograph all of mine because several are still being clear-coated.

ok thats what i thought

post-42136-0-66904500-1486592347.jpg

So after a sealer problem on the batch of "normal" sized lures i was already in the prossess of making a batch of xl cowboys.

These are around 10 inches 8oz and get down around 10 feet but can double that by benting lip and wire. These can also be trolled from a boat and will get down even deeper.

attachicon.gif20170208_112144.jpg

So after a sealer problem on the batch of "normal" sized lures i was already in the prossess of making a batch of xl cowboys.

These are around 10 inches 8oz and get down around 10 feet but can double that by benting lip and wire. These can also be trolled from a boat and will get down even deeper.

Badass Scotty. They look killer. Massive swimmers. Can't wait for spring to finally get here.