Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThrowingTimber

I'm looking for some help here

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I deep drop...

I deep drop quiet often...fishing an average 400 feet hand crank.

I cant find a rod blank I like.  I'm looking for a rod blank that I can jig 17.5oz vikings to 25oz vikings

think:

Cod, pollack, Cusk, Halibut (we run up to the grounds 1-2x's a year) (we get poorbeagel'd often)

I'm thinking something in the 8' length range would be ideal.  Someone had mentioned seeker but I'm not familiar with the blanks.  I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks in advance. 

I deep drop...

I deep drop quiet often...fishing an average 400 feet hand crank.

I'm looking for a rod blank that I can jig 17.5oz vikings to 25oz vikings

You've got monster forearms. 

Vic, I have a Seeker CSB 909 that is white (painted from teh factory), which is 5 years old and is from teh original owners of teh company. That 909 was the most popular choice for a custom rod for years before the company went downhill. IF  you are interested, let m eknow via e-mail xlrods@yahoo.com

Billy 40, 

I have never had a custom built and would like to feel a few to see if this is the route i want to go.   I found out too late about Troy.    Are you going to be displaying any at any upcoming shows?    I am looking for something to pair with a new Maxel Hybrid I recently purchased.   I am primarily looking to blackfish with it but I am not looking for a heavy stiff rod.   I fish western sound (Stamford Ct) 95% of the time using 3/4-1oz jigs.  I got rid of my Lami Triflex7030CT once I started using light tackle for togs.    I fish from a 17ft center console and I currently use a 6'6" rod 1-3oz lure.     I dont fish party boats anymore so I dont need anything longer than a 7' IMO.     I did a search on these rodgeeks you use and now  I am interested in feeling them,  maybe the 732 or 733 not sure though.    I have some reel good factory rods st.Croix, lamis but would like to see if custom is for me.

sorry , tried sending you a PM but it wouldnt let me