TimS

Not a new rule...but one we are gonna start enforcing about spot burning

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Anybody know this guy? He asked me to take some pics of his fish and send them, thought I had his number stored, I did not......cause I'm stupid like that sometimes. Anyway, if anyone knows him let me know, I'll send his pics, his name is Dave.

Uh-huh, posted this in the wrong thread, I was aiming for the reports thread, if a Mod can move it, would be appreciated.

post-5575-0-89794700-1479729431.jpg

Edited by Ed White

Anybody know this guy? He asked me to take some pics of his fish and send them, thought I had his number stored, I did not......cause I'm stupid like that sometimes. Anyway, if anyone knows him let me know, I'll send his pics, his name is Dave.

Uh-huh, posted this in the wrong thread, I was aiming for the reports thread, if a Mod can move it, would be appreciated.

Nice fish Ed it's Tony from the club ROFLMAO stop spot burning .Happy Thanksgiving Ed long time no see.

So far I gotta say you guys have been doing a fantastic job :th: I've only had to edit a couple posts. Strangely enough, there have been almost no reported posts for spot burning in the same period of time...which is weird :squid: I didn't want folks to stop reporting the spot burning...I just wanted them to stop telling people they were spot burning in the threads :)

TimS

Not for nothing and this is just my two cents some of you may not agree. If someone posts a pic and you think it's spot burning then you start publicly posting about it then you're only drawing more attention to it and actually makes it worse not to mention some folks on here go about it the wrong way and say things that should not be said.

I agree!

Jees. You folks got some spot burning issues huh haha. We do in Maine but it's because there is 15 acre native brook trout ponds. Not an entire ocean/coast.

If you find a good spot, keep it guarded. If you feel like your "private spot" is being burned on a public Internet forum I have news for you....

...if it has made it onto a forum, it's because WAY more people than the guy that posted about it are aware of it and unfortunately it has been discovered by many. Good news though, there are spots others have found that you haven't, so strap your boots on and go adventure!

I'm jealous of your fishing still going on down there though.

I don't get it, I find a spot today that is loaded with fish. They could be gone tomorrow

It's been said many times but for this particular topic it bears repeating.  It's not about where the fish are tomorrow.  The people will be there tomorrow because you showed clearly where you caught today.  It's just how it is.  And if you had a successful night at a particular location will you seriously not return the following night hoping for a repeat?  Fact, there are those who make reports and those who chase reports.  So now you go back tomorrow and see a whole new bunch of people.  Mostly chasing your report.  You may be crowded out of your spot, you may not.   But for certain you have more foot traffic which brings in more noise, and more trash and more attention which is probably not what you were shooting for in the first place.  And if you're in a residential neighborhood before you know it locals complain and your spot is shut down.     That's kinda how it works.