Good 7 ft boat rod?

Rate this topic

Marty

I was in jersey today to see my old surf buddy who works at a tackle shop. I was telling him I need a new 7 ft spinning rod for 15 lb blues. I pick this. Tsunami air wave elite 7 ft 3/4 to 4 it listed for $139 he gave me $40 bucks off. For $100 I think this will work. Anyone use this rod?

I like Air Waves, in-expensive, use one in the surf 8'0 sometimes for light tackle......but the Pro Blues are in another category.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

By all means.........carry on.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

yea.  me too.  except for van staal, trevalia for BFT, ugly stick and ugly stick tiger...all sizes.  you ever have kids on your boat (?)  only more the reason to go with the ugly sticks.  for the money, work just fine, take a beating like no other.  i have some that are 20 years old and they have been out 50-60 days on bass or blues including being used by kids from age 9 to 17 (aka, drop it on the deck in a second to yank the fish over the rail and snap that quick selfie before throwing it back)...

If you can build or want to go custom try a inshore lite Seeker or rod geeks equal

Seeker changed teh product and has had a lot of problems since the new owners took over a couple of years ago. The Rodgeeks equivalent is the XC 732. The same guy who helped design teh Inshore Lite, designed teh ROdgeeks XC series. IF you like the Lite, you will like all the XC blanks, they are made with the same characteristics.

If you are in NJ, Grumpy's Tackle has the Rodgeeks XC's in stock and have been building a lot of them as finished rods, as well as selling the blanks.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

avid inshore, loomis pro blue's and seeker hercules inshore lites are just about all i use

Same post I just made above, applies to you. GLad you like the Inshore Lite, I did  a great job with that one, lol

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Same post I just made above, applies to you. GLad you like the Inshore Lite, I did  a great job with that one, lol

i have one of the earlier red ones i think, i bought it used off a guy for a decent price with titanium guides. man it is such an awesome blank. i like it more then my old pro blues for bass and togging since it has some bend. the pro blues are great for bass and fluke seabass. 

ill have to try that blank at some point but I'm overloaded on rods lol i have a back up inshore lite blank that needs to get built 

id get the lighter. have both the 843, 844 (if i remember the numbers correctly) both are just as sensitive and will have a ton of back bone. but i usually use the lighter one if I'm fluking up to like 6 oz or so... i had a 10 lb black fish on the 844 with a sxj once. 10oz. wasn't ideal but it worked fine. man was that a rush... I've used the 844 for light fluking also. still very sensitive which i love about them. but that rod can whip any bass out there no problem.. I've had 30lb fish on both 

G. Loomis Pro Blue............

. Now that I have a rod for snag & drop. I still want a boat rod in spinning. To fish for big fluke. In April may we have a place on the north shore that big fluke come in. 8 to 15 lb. do you think I should buy the G loomis pro blue or the pro green? The one I looked at on line was PGR 884 S 7' 4" pro green. Like to hear what you think. Thanks Marty I will open a new post asking this.

Nothing like an 7" old glass jigging rod.   Forgiving ?   You can find them cheap too.  Get one with a roller tip and carbite guides. Find them in yard sales , E.Bay  and on CL.  Sometimes you find them for short money, less them the cost of the guides and roller tip.  You can use them with any line. Wire , braid, and whatever.