luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - November 2016

Rate this topic

152 posts in this topic

Cut just behind the head, but not all the way through. Reach down with 2 fingers & pull the "chicken leg" out from the skin. Good eats! Bread in house autry & fry til browned.

Edited by AI GUY

One of my favorites.  Just don't get down to HI enough anymore to catch em.   Only issue is when I did get down there I was too busy Drum fishing to fish for them.

Can't keep em now...

I dont know about that.  Afik no regulation for spiny, unlike smooth (where you can kill only one).  I looked it up in the dnr regs, no season, no minimum length, no creel limit, etc..

knock yourself out :-)

SHARK SPECIES APPROVED FOR RECREATIONAL HARVEST* SEASON MINIMUM FORK LENGTH DAILY CREEL SHORE* (PER ANGLER) DAILY CREEL VESSEL* (PER TRIP) ATLANTIC SHARPNOSE SHARK BONNETHEAD SHARK SMOOTH DOGFISH Open Year Round None Each recreational shore angler is allowed a maximum of 1 shark per calendar day from this list of approved species. In addition, each recreational shore angler may harvest 1 of each of the following species per calendar day: 1. bonnethead 2. Atlantic sharpnose shark 3. smooth dogfish Each recreational vessel is allowed a maximum of 1 shark per trip from this list of approved species. In addition, each recreational angler fishing from a vessel may harvest 1 of each of the following species per trip: 1. bonnethead 2. Atlantic sharpnose shark 3. smooth dogfish BLACKNOSE SHARK BLUE SHARK COMMON THRESHER SHARK FINETOOTH SHARK OCEANIC WHITETIP SHARK PORBEAGLE SHARK SHORTFIN MAKO SHARK Open Year Round 54 inches BLACKTIP SHARK BULL SHARK LEMON SHARK NURSE SHARK SPINNER SHARK TIGER SHARK Open Year Round Except May 15–July 15 54 inches GREAT, SCALLOPED, & SMOOTH HAMMERHEAD SHARKS Open Year Round Except May 15–July 15 78 inches SPINY DOGFISH None None None None 

Edited by Steve Coleman

I would call and ask if you're interested in keeping them. The regulations say "open year round" for most shark species under the heading "season", including smooth dogfish. It says "none" under that heading for spiny dogfish. I would interpret that as no open season.

I would call and ask if you're interested in keeping them. The regulations say "open year round" for most shark species under the heading "season", including smooth dogfish. It says "none" under that heading for spiny dogfish. I would interpret that as no open season.

That is the way I read it, that it is closed for spiny dogs. If you look at the tidal season regulation chart the creel limit for northern snakeheads or catfish it says "no limit" rather than "None". Kind of confusing on the wording of creel limit as none, could read it as there is no limit to the number you can keep or that there is no harvest allowed. Best call to call DNR and talk to someone knowledgeable about it.

John

It says none under Season, Fork Length, Daily Limit shore and Daily Limit Vessel.

So I'm pretty sure you can't keep them.