luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - November 2016

Rate this topic

152 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it?  ;)

Hope the sissy fish show this fall....  my osv pass expired today, hopefully i have a reason to renew before 2017.

Edited by luckyOC

I be heard there hasn't been much of a run last 5/6 years in the fall....I don't recall the exact year, maybe 2008? But that fall run was so much fun....had a fire rolling on the beach with deer sausage and clam chowder while catching 30"-36"bluefish and high 30"'s to low 40"s rockfish. Good bite lasted the entire trip. Weather was a little soggy with a light mist/fog and overcast and a steady temp. in the upper 40's /low 50's all day/night. I even remember a gentle N breeze. I doubt I'll make it back this year but I hope it turns on for your guys. AI is such a special place

Edited by h2oboss

Thanksgiving day 2006 . 8 Stripers ,smallest was like 37" & over a dozen bluefish over 30" . That trip is the reason my sons are hooked on surf fishing .

ok...so no fish yet? Just got back from ocracoke....gonna post some pics as soon as my wife emails them to me. Best blue fishing of my life! nothing big, but tons of fish 10-14", a couple 15". Bunches of pompano, spot all over the place, flounder every hole (no keepers), and more puffer fish than I can remember. Some whiting but all of them small. Got a couple drum, one in the slot. Oh...and an angel ray. According to my fishing book, it is a threatened species, kinda wierd looking but pretty. Some guy was catching black drum on green fishbites, some people were doing well on the drum. The best drum fishing seemed to be on the outside of the third sandbar at low tide. Some absolutely beautiful beach structure down there, from long shallow flats to deep long holes to steep, active troughs with bars close enough to cast to the outside at low tide. I could spend a lifetime fishing there and not get tired of it.

Is anyone fishing AI at night here lately and having success?  Thinking about heading down Saturday to do some night fishing, never night fished this late in the season but it is the only time I have free.

Just got back from ocracoke....more puffer fish than I can remember. 

They must have been thick down there last week. This pic (not mine) was from PI (next island down from ocracoke). 

14947569_1207104929369071_30431471496801

People say they're good eating. Obviously these guys must agree!

Edited by Wheeler

They must have been thick down there last week. This pic (not mine) was from PI (next island down from ocracoke).

14947569_1207104929369071_30431471496801

People say they're good eating. Obviously these guys must agree!

They're called the chicken of the sea.