November 2016 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

FunkyBunker

SoMOCO  two fleets 400 yds offshore. One north and 1 where I was a few miles apart. nothing doing before sunrise but once the sun came up the bass were on the move. Blowups all over but out of range. There was a brief 20 minute spot where I could reach them and got two just short fish on a  popper. I saw 2 others caught,1 about 15-17lbs. That was that. Both fleets were heading south and by the time the northern fleet passed there was only small pods of bunker without anything going on.

Moon was turned up to 11 this morning. Tried out back 445-530am, when i did a U-turn to park, headlights lit up the shallow section and bait started jumping like crazy. Didn't see anything terrorizing them when i was walking around. Tried throwing a swim shad but current was ripping fast and just kept pulling me into the rocks. Went out front 530-630, water was somewhat calm with 2'-3' breakers starting about 60yds out. Didn't see anything, didn't catch anything. No dolphins or bird action either. Skunk city for me again. 

Off topic,,, Watched the NJ12 news this morning and a guy who was fishing off Asbury had his boat cracked up a bit by a whale chasing food, he kind of reminded me of your avatar pic

Thank You.

If you are looking to buy a popper you can't go wrong with the super strike little neck popper 2 3/8oz with the black eyes (sinking). It's plastic and nearly industructibale one of the first things I pull out when the big blues are around and will take bass just as well. Fires like a missile through a wind and if you retrieve it very slowly it will swim on the surface like a metal lip.