FunkyBunker

November 2016 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,550 posts in this topic

Rules for the thread..............

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Tried a couple spots out front CMC 5-6:45 AM. Skunk still on me. Decent wave action and current in the 1st area, flat and calm in the other. Last year Daylight savings was today, this year the 6th. Ready for some light in the mornings. 

Hit moco before sun up... fished through first light.  One quick hit on a big metal lip but no hook up... otherwise good looking water and i managed to hang onto the skunk again.  back at it tonight.

Nothing for me yesterday birds were there. But to far tried jetti , a pier and jetti i was all alone most of the day took out kayak for lil bit to in afternoon playing poker now now gnna fish later this evening

Out front OC from 0530-0830. First spot yielded nothin with no visible bait. A little crowded by 7 but not the worst i've seen. Picked up and went a couple miles south. Even more crowded but most people standing and watching the 100 boats trading paint about 250 yards out from dry sand hovering over what looked like adult bunker. Nothin again there for me. Will keep at it and try and avoid the mob.

Its over

Tis not.  Untill yesterday the MoCo bieaches were full of bunker and very little evidence of striped bass.  the SB's are off shore feeding on bunker ad rain bait.  Saturday we trolled umbrella rigs outside off  sandy hook and inside as well. The boat caught 2 over 40", 1 at 32" and 1 at 26 inches.

There is still a lot of bait north of us.  Checking the weekly Hudson River Almanac this moring there were huge schools of peanutbunker up the river as far as Iona Island on 10/20 and a dense cloud of atlantic silversides netted and counted off Piermont, just south of the Tappan Zee Bridge last week.

We need more cold weather to flush the warmer water off our beaches. when that happens we will see more SB in the suds of MoCo and OC.

I haven't heard of any large blue fish banging bait on the beach.   Since they move in and out compared to most fish that move north to south this time of year I'm hoping they are out now and coming in soon.

Think positive, Salty NJ!  It ain't over!  

Edited by RJ

Tis not.  Untill yesterday the MoCo bieaches were full of bunker and very little evidence of striped bass.  the SB's are off shore feeding on bunker ad rain bait.  Saturday we trolled umbrella rigs outside off  sandy hook and inside as well. The boat caught 2 over 40", 1 at 32" and 1 at 26 inches.

There is still a lot of bait north of us.  Checking the weekly Hudson River Almanac this moring there were huge schools of peanutbunker up the river as far as Iona Island on 10/20 and a dense cloud of atlantic silversides netted and counted off Piermont, just south of the Tappan Zee Bridge last week.

We need more cold weather to flush the warmer water off our beaches. when that happens we will see more SB in the suds of MoCo and OC.

I haven't heard of any large blue fish banging bait on the beach.   Since they move in and out compared to most fish that move north to south this time of year I'm hoping they are out now and coming in soon.

Think positive, Salty NJ!  It ain't over!

He's Messing around rj.

So much bait out there the past week with some bass on them and other days with nothing on them. Waiting game.

Covered a lot of sand today starting down south in OC and finishing in Monmouth. Saw a lot of lines in the water and a lot of bunker moving around, but only saw one fish pulled out of the water. Was a winner in the 20+ lb range, but with all the participation kinda disappointing to only see one landed. The real disappointment was it wasn't me. Hope to get out again later.

Sunday and Monday and tues  the bait was sporadically comin towards the beach, all big fish feedin on them.... 15 to 30 lbs ... there were whales in real close also  some said they were pushin the bait toward the shore   Today the place was packed but very few fish caught.....