Europeanbassangler

Van staal engraving

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, Geebz42 said:

What would be the value of it or it’s hard to say the one I’m looking at has the stripped bass

I’ve seen them go for 1000-3000. Depending on overall quality of reel. That one looks clean. 

Edited by ReelSailor

Got this done at Things Remebered" at Roosevelt Field Mall. Of course you have to dismantle your reel and just give them the sideplate and tell them it's not worth over $300 because they won't engrave anything worth over $300. I kept it simple with my name, they do have other styles but nothing extravagant. It took 30min.

DSCN0008.JPG.5d1dd31a814c4f9b694d7bebda85b5bc.JPG

On 4/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, LB said:

l wonder what my 1996 VS 15-page catalog is worth, in almost mint condition. Wow, not one listed on eBay.

There is a lot of great stuff in the 1996 catalog, you were covered with just about everything needed for stripbass fishing, those were his hay day years, too bad he couldn't keep the company going.

Let me know when it goes onto BST.  

Edited by ReelSailor

7 hours ago, Geebz42 said:

When wat goes bst

I believe he was referring to the engraved VS you didn’t buy. 

Curious why you were trying to sell the VS200S(gold) you just bought?

48 mins ago, Geebz42 said:

To big for what I thought I was gona use it for and I like Shimano Daiwa better 

Makes sense. Many people agree with your assessment. 

11 mins ago, Geebz42 said:

It’s in awesome shape 9-10 gona be in my desk till I guess someone wants it u know I’m more of a Stella guy 

Just so you know that your reel foot has been replaced. That is not the original one for that model. So I would not consider the reel a collectors item. 

On 4/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, LB said:

l wonder what my 1996 VS 15-page catalog is worth, in almost mint condition. Wow, not one listed on eBay.

There is a lot of great stuff in the 1996 catalog, you were covered with just about everything needed for stripbass fishing, those were his hay day years, too bad he couldn't keep the company going.

LB I was bidding on one and dropped out and 75$ I believe that it sold for 100$