looney tunes

My new backyard pal Screech

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

He took up residence a couple weeks ago. He is getting used to us being around in the backyard now. he only comes out in the afternoon and leaves to hunt shortly after dusk. We had one last year too but he died over the winter, I hope this one starts a family in the spring. Years ago in a different box we had a family of them. It was cool as hell to look in the box and see several pairs of eyes look back at you.

Oh well back to getting rid of leaves :mad:

post-17292-0-32999700-1477681965.jpg

post-17292-0-25981500-1477682035.jpg

Cool as hell,,You built the box Looney? The chipmunks are getting a little too cozy here in the firewood stack and a resident owl would do just fine. Gotta google the box dimentions and build one.

That is very cool .................. restores my faith...

Those are the ones I hear in the woods behind my house, very early in the morning? Sounds like a mountain lion killing a small child? 

Cool as hell,,You built the box Looney? The chipmunks are getting a little too cozy here in the firewood stack and a resident owl would do just fine. Gotta google the box dimentions and build one.

Yeah I built it. We have a buttload of chipmunks too, hopefully not much longer :D

Here are some plans. I'm sure there's a bunch more.

http://wildlifecenter.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/Nestbox/Eastern%20Screech-owl%20Nest%20Box%20Plans.pdf

that is freakin brilliant.

I went on an OWL walk and leaned how to call Screech and hoot owls.

I still do it sometimes on the back deck when I have had a lager or two.

That is very cool .................. restores my faith...

Those are the ones I hear in the woods behind my house, very early in the morning? Sounds like a mountain lion killing a small child? 

If you want to be sure look on the Cornell bird site and listen to all the owl calls that are native to your area.