Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltwaterhabits

Tog Rod

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Thinking about getting a rod dedicated to Tautog fishing.

Would some of you Toggers please recommend if not a rod, but some specs in a rod for this kind of fishing.

I'll be fishing from a boat and interested in baitcaster. Thanks

Rodgeeks EXtreme Composites 732, 733, or 734. I have each of these built at 8' ready to fish

just wrapped a 733 for me haven't used it yet but bend seems effing nice hung 12 oz on it. It's composite so for PB fishing it shld be able to take a beating and if you have it built don't cheap out on the guides I have had many off the shelf spinning rods w/ ceramic guides Crack and lost many plugs n rigs. Edited by Snaps

Yeah what the heck i turn 62 in feb what gonna let uncle same take it eff that gave away some of my inexpensive rods to guys at work made some friends for life sold some other stuff have more too, a red Newell got a Loomis pelagic series which is sweet for tog caught some nice tog with the that.

Yeah, you can't take the money with you.  Might as well enjoy it.  Will be waiting for a pic with an early season pool winner.

Yeah, you can't take the money with you. Might as well enjoy it. Will be waiting for a pic with an early season pool winner.

Thanks Greg you as well as anyone know it's the Indian not the arrow any way I tried it today at the canal.

Thanks Greg you as well as anyone know it's the Indian not the arrow any way I tried it today at the canal.

Still, it is nice having a nice arrow or two.