Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfisher76

Beachmaster - Swivel & Rewire

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I need to replace the swivel on an eel skin spin (corroded). Does anyone know the brand swivel beachmaster uses. I bought some similarly sized Spro swivels but they were too beefy and wouldn't fit into the grommet

Also, should I put some epoxy on the lip / slot when rewiring?

Thanks for the advice.

-Joel

Just squeeze one end of the swivel with a pair of pliers so it fits. If you downsize it may be too short.

Go down one size on Spro's better swivel stainless and wont corrode. What they might of used was rosco.

That was the issue with the next size down spro. It wasn't long enough to clear the belly grommet.

I found some tsunami barrel swivels that are about the exact size of the beachmaster but I wasn't sure about the strength / quality. The tsunami's are rated 165 lbs.

I squeeze one end of a swivel on qlmost every plug i build, dont over think it. The end that goes in the body has such a limited range of motion that it doesn't need to be round.

I squeeze one end of a swivel on qlmost every plug i build, dont over think it. The end that goes in the body has such a limited range of motion that it doesn't need to be round.

I just tried it and that half froze up. do yours continue to function normally

That was the issue with the next size down spro. It wasn't long enough to clear the belly grommet.

I found some tsunami barrel swivels that are about the exact size of the beachmaster but I wasn't sure about the strength / quality. The tsunami's are rated 165 lbs.

The stainless tsunamis are good. The regular are garbage. Use a spro or a krok

For swivels too far up in the plug body Just put the thru wire in and mark where the wire is at the belly grommet. Take wire out and bend it at that mark so there is a small dip then put wire back in and the swivel should hang down to where you want it with modifying the swivel. I do it all the time.