Straight stiff leader material

Rate this topic

Humboldt Squid

Richie, why do you think the slider will cause you to lose big fish?

I've seen it a million times. Guy with a slider rig hooks a fish with the sliding hook. The eye of the hook starts to fray the line and then the line snaps and u break off a big fish. Ask Dave tats about that. I think I've seen him and Scotty do it about five times each lol
I DONT KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS BUT AFTER ALL THIS TIME ................. IM STILL KIND OF A BIG DEAL.

I've seen it a million times. Guy with a slider rig hooks a fish with the sliding hook. The eye of the hook starts to fray the line and then the line snaps and u break off a big fish. Ask Dave tats about that. I think I've seen him and Scotty do it about five times each lol

That makes sense with the eye fraying the line. I use a single hook about 90% of the time and will now use a snafu on the large whites from now on

"Whoopsy Daisy"

It makes sense but in reality I don't think you fight a big tog long enough to fray 60# leader. The eye is smooth unless one uses cheap hooks. The slider hook has to ride right on the eye of the main hook. It's not sliding up and down on the line. That's impossible to happen because of the tension on the line as the tog fights. Both hooks are next to each other in the fishes mouth if he's hooked with the slider. If the line was frayed prior then all bets are off. If that's not known then it's impossible to tell how the line broke. As for Scotty...well I've seen enough fishing with Scotty NOTHING is impossible.

The Magnificent Presence

• 9 months later...
On 12/10/2016 at 6:19 AM, Snaps said:
On 12/9/2016 at 10:08 PM, mickrazz said:

Forget the straight leader sticks. 50 and 60 lb coiled leader material is all you need. If you want to try some I'll give yo the stuff I have. I don't used it anymore. Tying knots is a pain in the arse.

I WILL BE Snelling Hooks TODAY FOR SLACKER USING THE STIFF STUFF and 4X live bait hooks .

Tony snelled hooks for slacker year? Man talk about lazy!!

"Whoopsy Daisy"

• 1 month later...
43 mins ago, AxBeetle said:

I use 50lb Seaguar fluorocarbon and the most expensive hooks possible (seriously) because I love throwing money into the water. It’s good karma.

That's funny, do you think the water will throw money back at you?

Edited by Snaps

44 mins ago, Snaps said:

That's funny, do you think the water will throw money back at you?

No. Fish!!

Its all relative, my friend. There’s a guy on here that won the Powerball and gave it to the mates on a partyboat as a tip.......

Classic

.........as we continue on.......