Stax

"How stupid is our country"

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

"How stupid is our country" as said by Donald Trump in the debate.

Well from an outsider looking in from Australia, the US election is now the laughing stock of the world.

Having just visited the US, and raised this subject at a party, I got many new views of both candidates.

Some good, some not so good, but from where I stand it appears it's time to let them both go and start all over again.

Having watched most of the debate, I think I'm on the money because neither of those two are.

We are not perfect here in Australia, don't get me wrong, we too have a democracy, and a complete shambles in Government as well.

Both sides act like 5 year old's calling each other names all the time. Nothing seems to get done there either.

All I can say is good luck to the near future of the US, you are going to need it regardless of the outcome.

Stax

Edited by Stax

What is scary about the whole thing is that these 2 (Trump/Clinton) are our only real choices.  

1 of them is going to be the next President of the United States.

This shows how the system really is broken.    :dismay:

We have a long history of nasty politics.

Huey Long, aka The Kingfish, was running for election in Louisiana back 60 years ago or so. His opponent was married to an actress. Long's supporters went door to door, down in the swamps, to tell voters this about his opponent- "He is a heterosexual and his wife is a practicing thespian". Long won handily. There are millions of voters that are just plain dumb you know.

Australia has lots of liberals eager to impose their views, ideas and morals upon the populace as a whole. I didn't snicker when you had that carbon tax. I felt sorry for you. When they confiscated your guns, and your right to defend yourself, again I felt sorry for you. Our women here still have the right to say no, and be able to back them words. If some nasty politics is all I have to endure to keep it that way, I say bring it on.

What is scary about the whole thing is that these 2 (Trump/Clinton) are our only real choices.  

1 of them is going to be the next President of the United States.

This shows how the system really is broken.    :dismay:

agreed-

the two party monopoly on politics is a disaster,

Donald is better than Hillary because he does portray some old school nationalism--which is considered a sin by the liberals.

pick the lesser of two "upper class twits" and hope for the best

It's always a "lesser of two evils" deal.  For every 1 decent American in politics, there are a thousand terrible terrible ones in politics.  Undoubtedly, the choice comes down to huge douche bag vs turd sandwich.

You know we're f'ed, since the best social commentary this country has, is South Park.

years and years of leftists destroying this country.

this is what you get.

they wanted to create a system that divides them from the "commoners"

they wanted to be the ruling class.

finally, someone extremely vocal stepped up and tried putting and end to the ruling class in government.

and that person was Donald Trump.

Well from an outsider looking in from Australia, the US election is now the laughing stock of the world.

Since half of this country is not paying attention to the election , I doubt much of the world is watching

Not to mention 42% of the world lives under dictators 

They don't have to worry about stupid elections  

years and years of leftists destroying this country.

this is what you get.

they wanted to create a system that divides them from the "commoners"

they wanted to be the ruling class.

finally, someone extremely vocal stepped up and tried putting and end to the ruling class in government.

and that person was Donald Trump.

:th:  :th: ^

Well somebody has the wrong end of the stick when it comes to "our guns"

We did NOT have to give up our guns, that is completely untrue and completely wrong.

After the "Port AuthUr Massacre" our Prime Minister embarked on an AMNESTY for people to hand in the weapons, be them legally owned or illegally owned, without question or any chance of prosecution. 

If you owned a gun legally you did NOT need to hand it in, you could keep it.FACT.

700,000 guns, mostly legal guns were handed in and everybody was paid a fair market price for said guns, even for the illegal ones. 

The general outcry from this massacre was, I am not sure what to say, but was overwhelming in its support.

Please understand, you can still buy a gun in Australia, you can still own a gun in Australia, you can still buy bullets in Australia, you can still use and shoot your gun in Australia.

Getting a gun licence is still available for anybody that wants to APPLY for one. We just have much tougher laws on who can have a new gun licence and when you store and keep your gun(s)

Believe me, Australia IS A SAFER PLACE WITHOUT 700,000 GUNS.

I can go to a football game here in Australia and there could be a crowd of 60,000. Not one of them will have a gun. Not ONE.

Security and Police excepted. 

Now believe me we have the same issues you do, the drugs, the violence, the robbers and car thieves, the scammers, the general nasty people. 

We just don't have guns to go and shoot each other.

quote (FishinMortician)

When they confiscated your guns, and your right to defend yourself, again I felt sorry for you.

quote (Mokes)

Not perfect in Australia? 

You guys have up all your guns lol. 

What the eff?

NOT TRUE.

I will now stop shouting.

Stax

PS, I still have and always have had the right to defend myself and what's mine. Never lost that right.

agreed-

the two party monopoly on politics is a disaster,

Donald is better than Hillary because he does portray some old school nationalism--which is considered a sin by the liberals.

pick the lesser of two "upper class twits" and hope for the best

Old school nationalism? That's in part how we ended up in Iraq, backed by most liberals too..: Edited by rollincoal

Old school nationalism? That's in part how we ended up in Iraq, backed by most liberals too..:

It's also how we ended up a free country independent from England

Not perfect in Australia?

You guys gave up all your guns lol.

What the eff?

well, it was a surprise but an effective way to address a problem.

they saw a problem, and took all the variables off the table.

seem to have worked...

the effectiveness is commendable.

so i guess the real question is,

"why the eff can we resolve the problems as effectively?"

(note) not pertaining to our right to bear arms but rather the efficiency in the way they addressed an issue.

ST. LOUIS—Saying he hoped the Republican nominee could clear up the matter for American voters, moderator Anderson Cooper reportedly began the second presidential debate Sunday night by giving Donald Trump the opportunity to explain exactly what the **** is wrong with him. “I’d like to start tonight’s proceedings by asking you, Mr. Trump, to explicitly lay out to the American people what the hell is ****ing wrong with you?” said Cooper, adding that it would be helpful if the business magnate would expound on the specifics of why in God’s ****ing name he says what he says and behaves the way he does, and how he could even begin to think that’s okay. “You are not a mentally well person, and there is clearly something very, very wrong with you on the most basic and fundamental level, so please, if you would, shed some light on what in holy hell is going on inside your ****ing skull. I mean, for ****’s sake.” At press time, Trump was reportedly shouting over both Cooper and Hillary Clinton as his two-minute response time had elapsed without him coming close to finishing his explanation of how ****ed-up he is.