Baba Yaga

Shimano FK Line Roller Bearing Replacement Help

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow SOL Members-

So, I've upgraded most of my wife's Shimano Stradic C3000HGFK bearings, but I've read that the actually line roller part is a pressed in bearing.  So, is their way to get into it and upgrad the bearing?  I'm afraid of pushing or pulling the thing apart and ruining it where I have to purchase a new line roller.

If its possible, could you folks tell me in detail on how to do it or better yet, a step by step picture tutorial.

Thanks to all those who took the time to read and especially those who replied.

Baba

Hello Eric-

Thanks for replying to my topic.

I've tried looking for a video to help me out, but unfortunately the ones that I've found are not for the FK's.

So how do you remove the bearing spacer (RD16430) on either side of the bearing which all three parts are encapsulated with the line roller (RD17193)?

Thanks,

Baba

Hi Eric-

That's mass awesome of ya.

If it's no too much trouble, could you include some pics? That would make me understand the process a lot better. But if you took it apart and put it back together again by the time you read this post, then that's cool. Just let me know what tools you used to pry those suckers out and how you slapped it back together.

Again, thanks so much for going through all this trouble for me and all the other FK line roller bearing upgraders that needs help.

Cheers,

B

Hello: It pressed out with no problem for me. I am not sure why you would change it out if it is still working good. My other reel it was frozen up since it spent some time in the ocean. I guess someone didn't like it along with the rod it was attached to  :bucktooth:   Thanks, Eric

Hiya Eric-

The reason for me wanting to change out the line roller bearing is that I purchased a 10 pack orange ceramic ABEC7 bearings to upgrade the missus reel and since I bought it , might as well use if I can do it without damaging anything (and getting the missus pissed).

Thanks for the info and pics, they are much appreciated.

Cheers,

B

just check on my, the bearing is not press in at all. it is hold in place by the black insert. the trick is to pull out the white insert first without breaking the white insert. The white insert is held in place because how the roller is design with a small lips on the edge, you slowly pick at the white insert to lift it out. then the bearing just come right out.

Hiya Avet4life-

May I ask is what did you use to "pick at the white insert to lift it out"?

Thanks,

B

ps.  your avatar always brings a smile to my face.  Who is that WWE Diva?