luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2016

Rate this topic

266 posts in this topic

There's a lake just past the entrance. Sucks. Did a lot of driving and no fishing today....

I'm really glad you posted this, because up until reading it I was livid, like to the point where I was ready to become unhinged. .............I should of walked over and taken a look, maybe I would of calmed down. 

Now what? I didn't bring the beach cart  :banghd: , got 20lbs of bunker and 1.5 days to fish? Two weeks ago when I came down and they closed the beach on me, I fished a little park on the inlet, not impressed. I know they catch fish off the 50 bridge, but I just can't bring myself to being a bridge rat, I feel the same way about the inlet pier.............

Anyway, the friendly NPS girl told me they would look at it tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, however long it takes to make a decision.....  I wanted to ask if I had signed a liability release on my OSV permit paperwork, please let me accept responsibility for my actions ........But I didn't. 

Oh well, we'll see what happens ................

I'm heading down the 20th to the 31st staying in the state park. Hopefully this high wash will be over, if not I guess I will just fish from the camp site. I did it in the spring and it was productive. Would like to meet some of the people on the site if you see a Maroon Silverado stop in and say hi.

I'm really glad you posted this, because up until reading it I was livid, like to the point where I was ready to become unhinged. .............I should of walked over and taken a look, maybe I would of calmed down. 

Now what? I didn't bring the beach cart  :banghd: , got 20lbs of bunker and 1.5 days to fish? Two weeks ago when I came down and they closed the beach on me, I fished a little park on the inlet, not impressed. I know they catch fish off the 50 bridge, but I just can't bring myself to being a bridge rat, I feel the same way about the inlet pier.............

Anyway, the friendly NPS girl told me they would look at it tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, however long it takes to make a decision.....  I wanted to ask if I had signed a liability release on my OSV permit paperwork, please let me accept responsibility for my actions ........But I didn't. 

Oh well, we'll see what happens ................

I checked the web site about 6am, and it was open

Jumped in the truck, drove down with the wife and the 2 dogs, and bought bait.

Got on the beach a little after 9, only to find it closed at 8:15.

I thought about carrying over, but there were several folks fishing with several rods already as far as I was going to walk.

There were several trucks n the beach that I could see...they must be early birds, or late nighters, and got on before the closure.

Shoulda got my butt up a little earlier....but my excuse was I didn't want to be there at high tide with the skinny beach...catch the fall, and rise, and be off before the evening high.

That lake at the entrance didn't look like it was draining much in the time I spent there...no wind to speak of, and a high water table.

Night rocket launch tomorrow night out of Wallops Island. Maybe it will open up by then.

there was more overwash this year then i've seen in the past 5 years ... just fished the past 2 weeks and had to drive in water getting off just before high.... really need to be aware of what's happening out there

One drum a year for me is incredible, but two makes my fall EPIC! Found this one Wednesday afternoon. Right at 48" and healthy. First daylight drum for me and all I can say is WOW! Watching one break water over the bar & then come surfing through the breakers is priceless. Saw some great folks & even got to meet the legendary SteveZ. Maybe there will be some fish still around when the beach opens back up or maybe even a mythical fall striper run!

post-51481-0-02086500-1476578042.jpg