SaltyNJ

October 2016 fishing reports

Rate this topic

1,180 posts in this topic

3/4 oz jig heads with shad bodys was working good to any heavier today no good it was weird awesome day tho me n two of my friends all hooking up at the same time ... couldnt ask for much more i might go back in little bit i heard the bit is on the beach rite now in the ocean

Nice Bass.. Looks like I will have to get some white and pearl shads What size swim shads are you using ... Storm Shads or Tsunami ?

i forgot pretty sure they were 5 or 6" not the big ones they wudnt hit those either

Dam SE Winds!!! Caught the skunk, threw plugs, metal, dead sticked a clam rod.. Nadda thing happening in SSP... Drove a little north then the skies opened... Guess that's what I get for taking the day off..

Thanks everyone. Yes, hooked even more now and so is my 15 year old son.  Now to get his first.  Won't keep a short one, have 28 1/2 marked out on the rod just in case.  Action was great, hoping for more, but enjoy the catch and release.   

Thanks everyone. Yes, hooked even more now and so is my 15 year old son. Now to get his first. Won't keep a short one, have 28 1/2 marked out on the rod just in case. Action was great, hoping for more, but enjoy the catch and release.

Love hearing that you and your son are hooked on it, that's great, keep it up.

Thanks everyone. Yes, hooked even more now and so is my 15 year old son.  Now to get his first.  Won't keep a short one, have 28 1/2 marked out on the rod just in case.  Action was great, hoping for more, but enjoy the catch and release.   

:hi5:

Make sure he releases his first bass no matter the size. It's bad mojo to keep the first one.

New guy here..

been fishing moco for the past couple weeks with not much to show for it only 1 @24 in have seen bait everyday for the past week out front but nothing on them where I go hopefully my luck changes with this cold weather

Hey guys newer member here. I'll be heading out on a friends boat out of Avalon on Sunday. It's not a fishing boat and none of us are super experienced fishing from a boat. I mostly fish for largemouth and occasionally get out for some surf fishing. Any recommendations on what to use? I have a variety of plugs but not sure what else to grab. We'll be getting down late Saturday and should be heading out before tackle shops open on Sunday. Any recommendations on gulp for stripers? Any info is appreciated! Tight lines!!

Good luck. Stop at Avalon Hodge Podge, a local B&T. Honest and very knowledgeable. They will help you out. They have been good to me in the past.

Fished the drop in OC. Wind was screaming SSW. No gusts, just constant hard wind with hard rain. Foamy rollers, some workable spots with bucktail and sinking needle.

No love.