Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
googinator

Florida Keys Tarpon Pics

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I'mmmm Baaccckkk!!! Back to good old LI for good after 11 years!!! Took a little side trip to Islamorada for a little Tarpon fishing.

First stop...Robbies...

tarponbite.JPG

Talk about a rush...this was a little one...there are Tarpon close to 150# swimming around that dock. If anybody ever goes down there...put this on your list of things to do...best $3 I ever spent.

First two nights of Tarpon fishing..we got a few strikes...saw alot of jumps...and saw a few other caught...but we got the big skunk!!!! skunk.gif

Last night of fishing...only two hours left with our guide...I finally hooked one..... cwm12.gif

DSCF0311.JPG

The guide estimated it to be about #130. It fought like a beast, jumped totally out of the water about 3 times...rolled about 4-5 more times. It took about 45 minutes to wear it out enough to take a pic. We revived it just fine and watched it swim away. Never been so tired from fighting a fish. cwm33.gif

Twenty minutes later my buddy hooked into another nice one...fought it for about 30 minutes...got it to the side of the boat for a pic...and the fish throught the hook...no pic...oh well he had a blast fighting it. The guide said it was about #110.

If anybody needs a good guide down there, I'll recommend the one we had...great guy...kept us out 2 hours late on the night we didn't catch. His name is Danny Brown.

Three Tarpon trips and only two Tarpon...it doesn't matter...those two we caught will be embedded in my memory for a long time.

lg_smile.gif

Nice fishy you caught!

Ahhhhh, just over the ignumvitae bridge...

you get the biggun under a bridge? seems to be the best nighttime fishing spots for dose guys.

two for three trips ain't bad for FL!! sweet poon! icon14.gif

U lucky BAS####!! I have been wanting to do that for so long!!! That fish is a beauty!!!! eek.gif I have a couple of questions for ya! About how much does one of those trips cost? When is the best time to go? Have a guide you can give me? Oh man I still can't get over that fish! icon14.gif