Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuzzyjr

What pound test would you use????

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I have a Breakaway 11-9 spinner and a NEW/OLD Daiwa 7000C reel. I have used conventional for a while now and I havent owned any heavier spinning gear since this in a while. I would like to know what pound of braid you would use one this, most likely will be stealth. Thanks Mike

I only use PP and use the 8/30 for the most part on my spinners. A little extra distance than the 50lb test and I like to try and hit England when I cast even though 90% of the fish are with in 30yds of the sand. Just makes for a better workout for the wrist and arms.

D.J.

8/30 thats about the same as stealth. This spool holds like 290yrds of 20lb that would take 400+yrds. Good ness need to save for a year to fill this spool. Thanks

i have tried fire line once on spinning rigs and did not really like it, so i can't talk about braids, but i usually spool my spinning reels with the middle sized mono listed on the side of the spool....over the years i have found that it gives me the best balance between line strength and casting distance....you might find that if you use a braid of the same diameter as the mid-range monodle ....perhaps you will reach the same conclusion with braid if you use that middle number as a benchmark

I recommend 30lb fireline. I think most of the time guys dont like it its because it hasnt't been used enough. For example, when you first spool up take it out with a bucktail on our something heavier and launch it a dozen or more times so you get some of the memory wax off the line. Once the line turns a slate grey you'll want to marry the stuff.