The Riddler

2017 Old Town Predator PDL Review

121 posts in this topic

Just pulled the trigger. 15 percent off was the deal maker. This will be an ongoing review. As usual I am not connected or compensated in any way to Johnson Outdoors.

Should have this beast on the water in an hour.

post-12713-0-93492000-1473192066.jpeg

Riddler you always amaze me! :rav: Looks like an improvment over the Propel drives "line the prop up before you pull it up", looks like they have a large enough hole to just mindlessly pull the unit. who knows you might become a diehard stand up fisherman now. Looking forward to your thoughts...........Jack

On The Water for 3 hours tonight snagging and dropping bunker, for no hook ups tonight but slime and blood from pogies will have to do for now. Spent another 1/2 hour looking over everything when I came in. There's a lot of stuff I will get into in depth over time. It's gonna take time in this boat to form an honest and open opinion.

Found this brochure on their site. The drive alone is 21lbs. Total weight with drive and seat is 117lbs.

Edited by TimS
please don't post commercial links here - also, please don't post branded/commercial YT videos...like the ones that promote a website or commercial social media channel - thanks.

Warranty: 

Old Town  PDL

2 year drive warranty and a lifetime on kayak hull for the original owner. 

The 2 year warranty on the drive is standard in the pedal industry. Lifetime on the hull follows Native's commitment. Hobie, as far as I know, comes with 2 years on the drive and components and 2 years on the hull.