TimS

Free Bumps - read this please

19 posts in this topic

It's not free - they count towards that thread's bumps...and if made in the first 24 hours the thread should be closed. These aren't discussion forums....if you aren't buying or selling you shouldn't be posting in the BST Forum threads. I don't care if it's a friend of yours, I don't care if it's a good deal or a good price - bumps aren't free, they all count...and yours could result in your buddy's thread being shut down and his item no longer being able to be sold here  :read:

So please stop with the "free bumps"...the "great price" and any other type of "bump" - if it's not your thread - and you aren't buying/selling - you shouldn't be posting  :wave:

It's in the rules  :read:

TimS

Free bump for TimS.  Great point!  If there is interest in the item that should be enough to keep it to the top.  If not, let the seller use the bumps at their discretion.

It's not free - they count towards that thread's bumps...and if made in the first 24 hours the thread should be closed. These aren't discussion forums....if you aren't buying or selling you shouldn't be posting in the BST Forum threads. I don't care if it's a friend of yours, I don't care if it's a good deal or a good price - bumps aren't free, they all count...and yours could result in your buddy's thread being shut down and his item no longer being able to be sold here  :read:

So please stop with the "free bumps"...the "great price" and any other type of "bump" - if it's not your thread - and you aren't buying/selling - you shouldn't be posting  :wave:

TimS

Might want to "Pin" this thread

Of course B some people U can be M very clever P in how they can help a buddy.

Lol...I had to read that twice...thought your keyboard was stuck or something :freak:

Of course B some people U can be M very clever P in how they can help a buddy.

Lol...I had to read that twice...thought your keyboard was stuck or something :freak:

Geez- took me 3 times after I read Tim's to get it. Very creative- and I'm just slow.

AHH geez I just posted a comment in the thread Fishbites had with reels for sale about him being a good guy ? I am sorry I did this NOT for the purpose of bumping up his thread on purpose I apologize ! Right after I posted it I came here and read the thread about free bumps and I understand your point now after reading it . I did it not on purpose just honest mistake I apologize wont happen again !!! MAX

I may get slapped on the wrist if I am wrong but I remember Tim posting that a "reasonable" price reduction - as in not reducing a reel price from $800 to $799 - did not count as a bump.

On 9/5/2016 at 8:22 PM, TimS said:

TimS

Hey TimS new to Sol, just wanted to know what are bumps... 

A "bump" is a post made to a thread in order to bring it to the top of the forum putting it above every other thread on the forum artificially.

Discussions forums like this one are designed to naturally keep the most interesting, most active discussions at the top of the forum - the most recently responded to thread is moved to the top of the forum. It's the most democratic manner of a community determining what THEY think are the most important, most relevant topics. Topics that no one wants to discuss quickly sink to the bottom of the forum, then onto page 2...then page 3...and so on.  A "bump" is someone posting to a thread that the community has determined should NOT be at the top of the forum by lack of on topic interaction in that thread for the purpose of artificially making the thread appear interesting and relevant :read:

In terms of items for sale, a bump puts your for sale item back at the top of the forum - artificially. Otherwise it would take someone else responding to the post to bring it to the top. That's why we limit them.

TimS

2 hours ago, TimS said:

A "bump" is a post made to a thread in order to bring it to the top of the forum putting it above every other thread on the forum artificially.

Discussions forums like this one are designed to naturally keep the most interesting, most active discussions at the top of the forum - the most recently responded to thread is moved to the top of the forum. It's the most democratic manner of a community determining what THEY think are the most important, most relevant topics. Topics that no one wants to discuss quickly sink to the bottom of the forum, then onto page 2...then page 3...and so on.  A "bump" is someone posting to a thread that the community has determined should NOT be at the top of the forum by lack of on topic interaction in that thread for the purpose of artificially making the thread appear interesting and relevant :read:

In terms of items for sale, a bump puts your for sale item back at the top of the forum - artificially. Otherwise it would take someone else responding to the post to bring it to the top. That's why we limit them.

TimS

OK TimS thanks for the information I'll remember that.