h2oboss

How's it look?

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

Does it really get that crowded there? Iv never seen that on the VA. side in September. Seen it packed in May . Il be down there this weekend probably near the coast guard station, Blue dodge ram with a gray rack if anyone wants to stop. Anyone know how late the gate is open and manned? I have to renew my osv permit.

Nah, it doesn't get that crowded out there this time of year. There might be a few people parked down at the point together, but there are usually plenty of other spots to fish with good looking drum water.

So dad told me tonight he hasn't seen any bait in the marina and hasn't had any minnows in the trap since before the storm :huh:

Maybe all the flooding pushed them back into the marsh. It's a scary thought with the amount of bait that was in there prestorm and now it's all gone.

So dad told me tonight he hasn't seen any bait in the marina and hasn't had any minnows in the trap since before the storm :huh:

Maybe all the flooding pushed them back into the marsh. It's a scary thought with the amount of bait that was in there prestorm and now it's all gone.

There was lots of bait out front...just nothing on em last weekend (well maybe some blues, but not what I'm looking for).

There was lots of bait out front...just nothing on em last weekend (well maybe some blues, but not what I'm looking for).

Was like that a few weeks ago when we were out front in the boat. Balls and balls of bait 1/2 mile to a mile off the beach and nothing chasing them.

Just seems odd there are no minnows back there like there has been since spring.

Not sure what its like on the coast, but here in central MD its a nice NE breeze, misting rain, gray and gloomy and for some reason when the weather is like this I always think about IRI or some other shore structure and slob stripers. No one else is around, you got your rain gear, corkers and couple plugs, lures or a rigged eel and you almost got the place to your self, minus a few other salty folks and a couple fat hogs :)....not sure why, but this weather gets me thinking

There was overwash and it was closed on the VA side. Bait is getting a little scarce. Mostly frozen or 2 day old at Steves. Matt at Seahawk got a shipment of fingers in. Only bait I managed in the surf were a couple of blues.