luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2016

Rate this topic

322 posts in this topic

Nice story about the striper. I'm thinking when they get over 40 lbs they stop being sissy fish, not that I have gotten one that big yet but I've heard stories from others.

nope they are still sissy fish ...

At least the water has gone down for most of us.  I'll miss the olympic size pool in my front yard  :laugh:

Off to Hatteras tomorrow.  Got my fingers crossed that Matthew doesn't muck up a good time!

I just got home from Nags Head.

Of course, today was the best beach water all week, and my rods and reels were packed away.

Man, they have lost a good amount of beach in the year or so since I was last there.

Water was up in the dunes a couple of days, Thur-Sat. the rest of the time it was just too darn windy.

Did manage some spot, and Specs off the pier. Saw no drum caught on OBX Fishing pier, nor heard of any.

Slow, relaxing week.

Pulled into Avon around 530-6.  First time bringing my mutt.  He was acting a fool til he found the treat stash in the car, and ate himself to sleep.  He almost jumped into the sound when we finally got here.  Didn't expect that from a dog that avoids water like the plague.   :laugh:

Realty agency said worst case scenario we'll have to leave Thurs/Fri if everything that can go wrong does.  

Pulled into Avon around 530-6.  First time bringing my mutt.  He was acting a fool til he found the treat stash in the car, and ate himself to sleep.  He almost jumped into the sound when we finally got here.  Didn't expect that from a dog that avoids water like the plague.   :laugh:

Realty agency said worst case scenario we'll have to leave Thurs/Fri if everything that can go wrong does.  

My dog goes nuts when I fish in the surf.

He will wade in with me to cast, but wants to fetch my bait, but the breakers and lack of seeing anything to fetch discourage him.

I am paranoid of him jumping at the bait and hooking himself.

My wife would freak...not worth the hassle.

Yeah, he's a handful.  I left him at the house with the rest of the folks.  Haven't taken him to the beach yet, doing that at next low tide.  He doesn't mind hanging on the dock while I'm crabbing though.  Got back from my morning session, nothing worth mentioning.  Caught a couple crabs already out back, gonna crab for the next couple hours.  

Fran echoed your take on the lack of beach up in Nags head.  Said if we get evac orders, it'll be more due to that than how close the storm is.