aquaholik

Line testing, ABS and KBS, a work in progress.

Rate this topic

937 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, Milty27 said:

Tasline. 

Aquaholik has tested some Tasline (shown on his chart) and found the line to be not as strong as claimed by Tasline. Even Tasline's labelling may not be correct. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

A while back you did an assessment of Berkeley 8 carrier Fireline. Everyone was very excited until you realized the knot strength issue there have been several other line have the same issue. I almost always use a Fluro tippet connected to the braid with an FG Knot and a bit of Loctite 406. I have heard in most cases this makes the knot strength issue moot. Is it fair to say this wold make 8 carrier and ideal line in this configuration? 

Edited by Nate Smith

14 hours ago, Nate Smith said:

A while back you did an assessment of Berkeley 8 carrier Fireline. Everyone was very excited until you realized the knot strength issue there have been several other line have the same issue. I almost always use a Fluro tippet connected to the braid with an FG Knot and a bit of Loctite 406. I have heard in most cases this makes the knot strength issue moot. Is it fair to say this wold make 8 carrier and ideal line in this configuration? 

Hard to say. Personally I don't think any type of adhesive makes a difference but I haven't tested that theory. Easy to test your own theory. Tie two FG knots to the same length of leader. Locktite one but not the other and pull to see which one breaks first. Use a scale of if you have one.

Edited by aquaholik

Anyone have any experience with Yo-Zuri Super Braid 8?

According to Yo-Zuri website it is only sold at Basspro and Cabelas in the US.

48 mins ago, olvart said:

Anyone have any experience with Yo-Zuri Super Braid 8?

According to Yo-Zuri website it is only sold at Basspro and Cabelas in the US.

SuperBraid ranges from 10-40 lb test for 4 strand and 50-80 lb test for 8 strand.

Edit: N/M that was the old Super Braid. There is a new Super Braid 8 that is supposedly 8 strands in all tests. Let me ask Ray.

Edited by aquaholik

Just now, aquaholik said:

SuperBraid ranges from 10-40 lb test for 4 strand and 50-80 lb test for 8 strand.

Bass pr0 is showing the 8 strand starting at 10 lb,15 Lb etc.
also comes in white which I like.