aquaholik

Line testing, ABS and KBS, a work in progress.

Rate this topic

906 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 10/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, scoobydoo said:

I've used it...no FG...I prefer the PR knot.

I use so many different lines and lures I don't want to find out the FG doesn't play nice with the leader material.  PR is guranteed 80% -100%  and will never randomly let go. 

I won't be buying any.

The color bleed is the worst I've ever experiences.   Think original red power pro...only harder to get off.

It's smooth and somewhat round..but after some use....nothing I haven't experienced from cheaper lines.

The Gosen 16 is a superior product if you want crazy high end luxury feel

Which lets be honest..is the only reason these lines exist...they offer absolutely zero on the water benefit at all whatsoever.

Hitena sent me a sample of the Silky and the Pureline, the Silky really isn't any smoother then most the 8 carrier braids available and the Pureline feels like a 4 strand braid which is weird since its a 12 strand, I'm gonna use the Silky for ice fishing since they only 

sent me 52 yards.

I will stick with my normal 8 strand :)

Edited by Yumeya

On 10/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, scoobydoo said:

This is bull****.....

I'm still waiting for you to open up the Daiwa Certate LT and Exist LT to see the differences :)

Sorry off topic LOL

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just notice that berkley  X9 30# in green is different  than the 30# white. Green is smaller diameter than white. anyone else notice this.

Edited by ChasingTales

8 hours ago, ChasingTales said:

I just notice that berkley  X9 30# in green is different  than the 30# white anyone else notice this

What's the difference? 

Sorry if this was mentioned, but has anyone tried the YGK Soul ss112 sinking braid? There's another version from YGK too I think...

Looking at 6 - 8lb sinking braids for deep finesse stuff. Any other brands out there besides YGK?