aquaholik

Line testing, ABS and KBS, a work in progress.

Rate this topic

785 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, ChasingTales said:

@aquaholik I am going to respool that reel with  new xplasma  I have left and will send you the used/new that came off the reel

Label the new end by putting a piece of tape on it so I'll know which end is new.

On 31/01/2019 at 4:11 AM, Mahigo said:

I like the Chartreuse color but I do not want to put the stain on my reel and rod (brand new Daiwa Isla and Century rod).

One time I had Chinese, no name braid, was very nice red and all my gear was red too after first day of using it but I was able to washed it out. 

Please let me know if the island blue does the same as the Chartreuse.

well, the island blue color that i got doesnt hold. it bleed as soon as it touches water and it can see stain on my roller bearing. Other than that, it holds up as good as the X8 but u need to take note that the diameter on the grand is thicker if u compare with the X8 of the same lbs. So before u buy the grand, take a look at the diameter and not the lb

i will just go back to fireline.

On 4/21/2019 at 8:03 PM, Tourstage said:

well, the island blue color that i got doesnt hold. it bleed as soon as it touches water and it can see stain on my roller bearing. Other than that, it holds up as good as the X8 but u need to take note that the diameter on the grand is thicker if u compare with the X8 of the same lbs. So before u buy the grand, take a look at the diameter and not the lb

i will just go back to fireline.

That is a bad news …. It’s looks like I have to look for some thing else and forget about Grand....

Thank you for the info.

Yes I did test the Vicious No Fade Braid in 20 lbs. From the feel of it, it does live up to it's No Fade reputation. It's slightly below 2.0 in S/W. Good PR knot strength. Slightly below average FG knot strength. I have an entry for it in the chart right before Yozuri Super Braid. 20 lbs test is actually 37 lb ABS with a line mass of 20 mg/ft, FG knot in three tests is consistently 23 lbs. PR Knot came in at 33 lbs. Bimini at 28 lbs.