aquaholik

Line testing, ABS and KBS, a work in progress.

Rate this topic

810 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xjclint said:

Oh yeah the chartreuse stains but for the price it's worth it. Been very happy otherwise with probably 30 spools so far except for one lemon.

yea i know for that price is hard to resist.

so theres no problem with grey light color? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

You should see this post as the very first post of this long thread to make it less confusing for someone who is viewing the thread for the first time. Mods will cut and paste this and replace the opening thread.

20190124_180525.jpg

Resized tester.jpg

Edited by TimS
edited first post as requested :-)

Aquaholik,

my apologies if this is off topic - but do you have a recommendation for 2lb and 4lb mono that tests at the stated breaking strength?

1 hour ago, Cpalms said:

Aquaholik,

my apologies if this is off topic - but do you have a recommendation for 2lb and 4lb mono that tests at the stated breaking strength?

Most mono over test, even Trilene XL or their Ultra Thin(which they don't make anymore and the 4lbs is the only one I tested). I say go with Trilene XL 2 lbs and it should break above 4lbs and use a Palomar knot.

5 mins ago, aquaholik said:

Most mono over test, even Trilene XL or their Ultra Thin(which they don't make anymore and the 4lbs is the only one I tested). I say go with Trilene XL 2 lbs and it should break above 4lbs and use a Palomar knot.

Wow! they over test by that much! 

In my mind, I was thinking Ande Tournament.

The 4 lb Trilene ultrathin was breaking around 6lbs and it's a 10 years old line that has diameter similar to 2 lbs Trilene XL. So I'm confident Trilene XL 2 lbs will break over 4lbs.

aquaholik,  

Is the Daiwa braid line with the IZANAS Fiber the same braid as the previous or ? 

Daiwa J-Braided Fishing Line w/ IZANAS Fiber

Have you done any test on it?

Thank you,

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Mahigo said:

aquaholik,  

Is the Daiwa braid line with the IZANAS Fiber the same braid as the previous or ? 

Thank you,

That's the new Daiwa J-Braid Grand x8 braided line with IZANAS Fiber. I have no idea what fiber that is and have not done any testing of that new line.

DSM Dyneema produces its Dyneema

® brand of high performance polyethylene fibers in its wholly owned facilities in the Netherlands and USA in addition to the joint venture with Toyobo in Japan. Nippon Dyneema Limited, the DSM Dyneema and Toyobo joint venture, was first established in 1991 to manufacture high-performance PE fibers for Toyobo and DSM. Toyobo branded these fibers in Japan with the Dyneema® trademark. Under the new agreement, Toyobo will be relinquishing its use of the Dyneema® trademark and introduces its own trademark for its PE fiber products.

So it's just a name change for Dyneema in Japan.

The specific gravity of IZANAS SK60 is 0.97 g/cm^3, which is the lowest value among super fibers and is lighter than water.

Edited by aquaholik

28 mins ago, aquaholik said:

That's the new Daiwa J-Braid Grand x8 braided line with IZANAS Fiber. I have no idea what fiber that is and have not done any testing of that new line.

So it's just a name change for Dyneema in Japan.

Ok, and thank you for your quick response.

I hope some of the SOL members using the new Daiwa braid and will place some info here. 

I noticed the price for the new Daiwa braid with the IZANAS Fiber is higher....

7 hours ago, Mahigo said:

aquaholik,  

Thank you,

Bought the grand last week and realize that the diameter is thicker as comparing jbraid x8 of the same poundage

6 mins ago, Tourstage said:

Bought the grand last week and realize that the diameter is thicker as comparing jbraid x8 of the same poundage

Ohhh, thank you for the info. 

It looks like I have to buy the previous version of Daiwa 8x.

1 min ago, Mahigo said:

Ohhh, thank you for the info. 

It looks like I have to buy the previous version of Daiwa 8x.

the problem with X8 is that the color bleed out easily especially the chart color

my rod and reel line roller got some stain that i cant remove

1 min ago, Tourstage said:

the problem with X8 is that the color bleed out easily especially the chart color

my rod and reel line roller got some stain that i cant remove

I am thinking to get the Chart..., but in this case no way I can put it on my new expensive reel. I need to find the braid that is similar to Daiwa but without staining the gear.

Its really hard to remove the stain from the reel?