Jep11

What a Carpy season

83 posts in this topic

Such a fun fight on light line, not sure why the photo I posted didn't upload but this was one of many from this year, the 2nd one was easily 40lbs+ was so upset that I couldn't get a picture of me holding it, but for reference I wear a size 11 haha, pulled a back muscle releasing it!!

post-72867-0-00027400-1472223189.jpeg

post-72867-0-06836100-1472223263.jpeg

Beautiful fish man, I was never good at carp fishing besides fall season. In the fall the leaves begin to drop on the lake and the carp come up to  the surface to eat the leaves so I just bait up with leaves. Strange method of fishing but it works.

I used to catch them on pieces of hard salami when I was at school in the Erie Canal had to change my strategies when I came back home though, if it produces fish nothing strange about it!

I catch them on a flyrod using little crawdad imitations,up in shallow water when they're mudding,right in front of their face presentation,biggest ever was a 54" monster in the ST Marys R on the US Canada border.None get released,strictly catch and kill,feed the 'coons or turtles.

Haha every place is different 54 inches must of been a great flight on a fly rod and my tackle set up is nothing special at all 3 really crappy poles and reels with 8-10lb Cajun mono on it with a size 1/0 owner mosquito hook super simple haha