Tuna902

More Albie flies

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Andrew,

Bay Anchovie pattern I presume?     You do a great job with these.   How do you get the body so nicely shaped ?   Must take a lot of practice or any special tips you can share?

HT

The foil is what does the work. I use a light coat of Tuffleye first. Then apply a slightly heavier coat on the second. One clump of material under the hook , a clump of flash on top and one more clump of material over the flash. So basically flash in the middle of two clumps of material.

Real Nice seadogg, I like the mylar stripe. I tied something very similar this morning, but cut the mylar short.

Bob

Cool man those are gonna work.

Harborview860 I been using Iceabou , DNA holofusion , Uv minnow belly , niceabou and angel hair for the middle stripe . I mix materials on some but the bottom line is I use one clump tied under the hook shank,,, good clump of angel hair on top of the hook shank,,, and a clump of whatever color back on top of the angel hair. Tie in the foils , tie off the thread .. I use a thin coat making sure to penetrate the material on the first coat of Tuffleye core and finish the Fleye with a slightly heavier coat. So I turn the light on twice, wipe off any residue , and apply a coat of TOPCOAT by Tuffleye ONLY, no Sally Hansons or Hard as Hull. You can probably use them but I stick with what was made to be used with the product system.

Bummed iceabou isn't available any more...awesome for a small to medium translucent fly.

So glad I have a bunch of packets ordered from last year around this time from my local fly shop. 

Will start tying now but am always depending on my #1 albie fly from all seasons past which always caught when some others didn't. The white bunny fly. My go to fly always with albies. Simple to tie and almost always will catch albies no matter where I'm fishing:)