littletunnie

Bonito&albies

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

Yeah, it wasn't like there was an overabundance out there today or anything. Rare and Random blowups... They were moving superfast. Blink and you missed it. I don't even think anyone else around hooked up. Fly guys getting pissed!

Nice job...also got my first albie of 2016...but my success was the opposite of yours, going 1-3, with one landed, one break off and one that spit the hook after a lengthy fight...but at least I'm on the board

post-10496-0-20577300-1472949918.jpg

Fished a rocky RI area today on a half-day charter. Buddy and I both boated our first fly rod Alberts before 7:15am. Lots of fish showing for hours and we put many flies amongst them but no more bites despite excellent chances. Lockjaw City. As noon approached and our wrists were aching from flinging flies into a 20-25 mph headwind, we switched to spin rods and had many more excellent chances. Finally picked up one more Al before noon. Declared victory and headed in for lunch.

Edited by thermoklein

That's why they call them funny fish I guess. I got two of them between 630 and 730 and then they didn't want to do nothing but tease everyone out there. Masses boiling, not taking lures or flies after around 8:30ish.

I'm down here in SoCo for the rest of the week. I can't wait till tomorrow when there's less boat traffic and less cock blockers out there.

Why is it that when I set up on a good spot and get fish in front of me everyone thinks it's a great idea to come sit on my lap. No etiquette.

Casting over me, under... Asked one guy if he would like to get on my shoulders.

At least the flyfisherman are respectful for the most part. They just look goofy. Why do they all look like a ninja tennis players?

That's why they call them funny fish I guess. I got two of them between 630 and 730 and then they didn't want to do nothing but tease everyone out there. Masses boiling, not taking lures or flies after around 8:30ish.

I'm down here in SoCo for the rest of the week. I can't wait till tomorrow when there's less boat traffic and less cock blockers out there.

Why is it that when I set up on a good spot and get fish in front of me everyone thinks it's a great idea to come sit on my lap. No etiquette.

Casting over me, under... Asked one guy if he would like to get on my shoulders.

At least the flyfisherman are respectful for the most part. They just look goofy. Why do they all look like a ninja tennis players?

I fly fish but was wearing jeans and a st croix (fishing rods) sweatshirt...I don't dress the part (but know what you mean)

Btw, got one Friday, more or less took yesterday off, then tried again today only to have the fish involved in my only albie hook up spit the fly back in my face when I had him on the rocks...oh well. Here's the one from friday

post-10496-0-95650500-1474852815.jpg

Huh? During my several hours of fly-flinging I was wearing a crappy old LL Bean jacket and a beat-up UMass basketball cap. I'd have looked more at home picking up some plywood at Lowes.