littletunnie

Bonito&albies

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

The East Wall looks like you could ride a bike down it now. Repairs came out great or awful depending how your glass is filled. I'll be out there all Fall, maybe a little tuna missile will head that way for us.

Gonna have to check it out, particularly at high tide.

-bd

Was there yesterday (just checking it out after fishing the other wall for a while)...it is nice to walk on...but access down to actual water level (think landing a fish) remains the same as it has always been...I always bring a long/telescoping net whenever I fish either wall

Mine probably extends 8' or so and seems long enough for both walls, even at lower stages of the tide

I have trouble leading them into the net. What is your technique?

I have trouble leading them into the net. What is your technique?

As soon as do that little circling paddling they do on the surface at the end of the fight, I don't allow them an inch...and at the point, the 'don't horse them' thing goes out the window...Once they do that little 'maneuver', I 'horse' like a biatch...right into the net.

If you still play them softly at that point and allow them to right themselves, they may not rip off another 100 yards of line, but they will find a hole in the rocks

How is the access for a kayak inside the wall?

I'm not a yakker, but it looks pretty good to me inside the wall in the harbor. A sand beach (no ramp) and usually not too rough to launch. But you have to carry the yak and gear 200 yds or so to access it, depending on where you parked.

-bd

This is one of my personal fave access points. That estimate is right; it's about 200 yards across deep soft sand to the water inside the wall. I have a Hobie Outback, a relatively heavy yak, which I drag down via a rope. Not much fun, but once there, it's usually a pretty easy launch. The actual beach is fairly firm sand and it slopes away gently; easy enough to wade the boat out and climb in. Recovery is usually pretty easy there too. The exception is when the wind is coming strong out of the west; the fetch is long and that little beach can get surprisingly hairy. But even then, the curve of the wall sometimes provides a little bit of lee-ish protection closer by the rocks.