Striper ?

Rate this topic

A local from Rodanthe told me he fishes late fall somewhere near Oregon Inlet and does really well live bait fishing from the bank. Its really rocky he said but usually catches at least three or so a year over 35 lbs. Thanks for the info I better just stick to Drum Fishing and maybe get lucky and hook into one.

If you are bait fishing in October in NC, you ARE drum fishing.  You can call it whatever you want.

Stripers in the surf in great numbers are a thing of the past.  Seems like all the fish come out of the Chesapeake, forget to turn right and head off shore.

The striper fishery has been a boat deal for some time, and many now chase out of Rudee inlet.  It is our winter fishery.

Not to sound like a smart ass, have you ever caught a big red? Makes you forget all about stripers :hooked:

I have only caught puppy drum, 33'' the biggest. hoping to change that in Oct. I think your right on the money though!

If you are bait fishing in October in NC, you ARE drum fishing.  You can call it whatever you want.

Stripers in the surf in great numbers are a thing of the past.  Seems like all the fish come out of the Chesapeake, forget to turn right and head off shore.

The striper fishery has been a boat deal for some time, and many now chase out of Rudee inlet.  It is our winter fishery.

I getting the since to forget Stripers in Oct. and concentrate on the drums, thanks for the info.