Petey

"Reading the Water".....Robert Post

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

After reading about this book here I have tried to locate a copy but as you know, it is very highly priced now because of it's limited release. Can somebody please scan a photo of the book so that I can at least have an idea what size and shape and maybe even color book I am looking for if I happen to be looking in old book stores or flea markets ot things like that. Thanks a lot.

The copy I have is signed by the author. It was bought at the Bunch of Grapes Bookstore on the Vineyard. It was printed by The Globe Pequot Press, Box Q, Chester CT 06412. ISBN 0-87106-543-6.

I have a scanner. If someone can clue me in on how to scan and "post" here, I'll give it a shot.

"Post". Pun intended.

if i was trying to compile a fishing library i would pay that much for it. it is hands down one of the best fishing books i have ever read and easily the best surf fishing booki ever had the pleasure of reading, and i am very happy i was lucky enough to get teh chance to read it. 02

Why is that book listed (used) for $227.00?

I realize its out of print but why the insane price?

Todd

I had 2 copies of that book, the first I auctioned off here and it went for 65 bucks, softcover. It is considered a classic read for every striper fisherman. The other copy I have (cherished) is hardcover, with original mint dust jacket, autographed by Robert Post, 3 people offered me up to $425 for it. As hard as it is to acquire I resisted as it compliments my library of striper books.

ML

------------------

usa3.gif336tfs.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mike Lang (edited 10-22-2002).]

Is there a place online, where i might find this book? Ive looked for some time now, no luck.frown.gif

Amazon doesnt have it listed...

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me?

SOL# 449

Is there a place online, where i might find this book? Ive looked for some time now, no luck.frown.gif

Amazon doesnt have it listed...

SF

Amazon has a service where they will look for it for you for up to 45 days, thats how I found a few copies.

ML

------------------

usa3.gif336tfs.jpg

Looking thru my mothers attic a few months ago, I found my hard cover copy of Reading the water, hehehe. It now sits on my desk, and I occasionally flip thru it reading about How the fishin' used to be on the Vineyard. I love the part about the Columbus day blitz,gets me all worked up.

cwm24.gif

------------------

Baubus5@comcast.net

[This message has been edited by DaveS (edited 10-22-2002).]