Baba Yaga

Whats Going On With Zeebaas?

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

Makes sense but i hope not. hate to see another american company go away. but if it will be this at least hope the price will be really affordable. [/quote

I sure hope so, or it might be a way to increase the profit margin while taking away American jobs, and keep prices somewhat the same, but I guess that's the way companys operate now. We can play the buy American and support American businesses game a but a majority of them don't support us.

Makes sense but i hope not. hate to see another american company go away.  but if it will be this at least hope the price will be really affordable. 

They will make it cheaper and make a bigger markup, however, to make a profit they have to sell them which will be a problem. In this new deal ZB will be holding a very short end of the stick.

Even if moved offshore I figure the price will remain the same. VS certainly didn't go down when they made the move. Listen ZB already did the China thing, the problem was the person they entrusted to oversee QC was too busy trying to line his own pockets. Ron D. Made an admiral attempt to bring the brand back to the US but I fear that the costs involved made it hard to stay competitive. ZB can remain a factor in our small niche market with overseas production as long as the QC is in place(vs did) If Ron D remains affiliated with the brand I am certain that quality and service will remain top notch

it hard to stay competitive. ZB can remain a factor in our small niche market with overseas production as long as the QC is in place(vs did) If Ron D remains affiliated with the brand I am certain that quality and service will remain top notch

Will this not require him to go live in china to monitor the QC? that would be asking too much from the man. 

Edited by mikeR09

So I was able to speak to a nice gentleman (didn't get his name) at Zeebaas this morning over the phone and asked him why no complete reels for sale on their site or at a couple of major Online retailers were "out" or "out of stock" and he said that they are basically on "hiatus" till fall when they receive more parts to begin production again.

I also asked if there will be a Gen3 to be coming out and he said no.

I also inquired about 3 Tand and he said they are "working with them to push our products more".  But I also forgot to ask if they will be moving their production to China. 

Well there you have it folks (well, at least what I got).

Fish On!

BY

Mike, not if they utilize a reputable shop. There are a lot of good products coming out of there, and once the product line is setup there shouldn't be issues. VS does it and I see no reason why ZB couldn't do the same if that is the route thru are taking.

Edited by Dave T.

So I was able to speak to a nice gentleman (didn't get his name) at Zeebaas this morning over the phone and asked him why no complete reels for sale on their site or at a couple of major Online retailers were "out" or "out of stock" and he said that they are basically on "hiatus" till fall when they receive more parts to begin production again.

I also asked if there will be a Gen3 to be coming out and he said no.

I also inquired about 3 Tand and he said they are "working with them to push our products more".  But I also forgot to ask if they will be moving their production to China. 

Well there you have it folks (well, at least what I got).

Fish On!

BY

I just spoke with them. The production is at pause because they are waiting for some parts for new reels...No plans to move production to China..

Mike, not if they utilize a reputable shop. There are a lot of good products coming out of there, and once the product line is setup there shouldn't be issues. VS does it and I see no reason why ZB couldn't do the same if that is the route thru are taking.

Yeah i guess you are right. still holding to the hope they will keep making the reels here any way :)

After reading this I realized my reels where over due for there annual service. So...

Yesterday; I called , and emailed ZeeBaas, and left them this message. I wanted two know the lead time for having my two reels getting there annual service. So I could decide weather to ship them out separately or both at the same time. I have to admit I called late in the day.  So today I called back again before checking my email.

This is what occurred;

Devin immediately answered the phone. I was assured that they would receive there annual service, and be returned too me in one to two weeks. When I checked my email afterwards it read the same as my conservation with Devin Lo Conte from Customer Servise. 

You can be assured ZeeBaas is alive , and well... :)

Hope this helps... :rolleyes:

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

After reading this I realized my reels where over due for there annual service. So...

Yesterday; I called , and emailed ZeeBaas, and left them this message. I wanted two know the lead time for having my two reels getting there annual service. So I could decide weather to ship them out separately or both at the same time. I have to admit I called late in the day.  So today I called back again before checking my email.

This is what occurred;

Devin immediately answered the phone. I was assured that they would receive there annual service, and be returned too me in one to two weeks. When I checked my email afterwards it read the same as my conservation with Devin Lo Conte from Customer Servise. 

Lou T

Lou T

I called yesterday about 1:30 and no one answered. Two e-mails unanswered. Sent a reel to them 10 days ago and have not heard from them.

Their service has been great over the years.

Doesn't look good IMO for Zeebaas. Reading between the lines tells me something could be wrong. You can't expect them to tell you until things are final.