Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redman

Brenton Point R.I.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

On Tuesday I got a call from a friend of mine up north that I haven't seen in a long time, and talk to not as much as I would like, asking me to do him a huge favor. A good friend of his was stranded at the Philly airport and needed some help! I asked him what I could do and he told me that he needed a ride home.....to BOSTON! I guess I don't need to tell you that nothing was flying or rolling that he could do, so, I aggreed to go....I went and grabbed my plug bag and rod and korkers and was off...I figured if I am going that way I might as well enjoy myself for a couple days eh? So after finding my friends buddy and hearing how grateful he was for fifteen minutes off we went...I dropped him in Boston about 1 am figured I would head down to R.I and find a spot...I got to Bretons point(read about it alot and had been there once for a very short time) about 2;30 and snoozed till dawn...I awoke to the most beautiful sunrise i had seen in a long time! So i strapped on my korkers and grabbed my stuff and headed out to the rocks! Rocks! Yes rocks...these are good things my friends(and no I didn't fall in..lol) and on my second cast was rewarded with a keeper size bass....WOW! what way to start...throughout the next two hours I caught about 6 nice fish...I was trying everything in my bag and catching fish on stuff I had bought but never used....I found myself in such a state of relaxation...IT WAS INCREDIBLE! The other remarkable thing is...I was ALONE! about 9:00 i was pretty hungry and tired so I went to get something to eat and a motel room...that night and the next two days were spent in total happiness...I don't usually catch a bunch of fish...but besides being at Montauk with my club...this has to have been one of the better times fishing I have had! The next two days were very much the same with me catching more than my share of fish...having a few nice conversations with other fisherman and tackle shop owners...Today/fri...i spent the day driving the coastline looking for and at, my future trip locations! Hey...It doesn't get much better than this!HappyWave.gifHappyWave.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

may the fish be with you!

I have fished breton point a few times...exspecially like the out going tide there where the current comes at you from different directions...seems as though thats when i had my best luck...

------------------

hookem and cookem