Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Longgone

PI GANG

12 posts in this topic

Pez, Bawana, Bill & gang y'all still hitting the island this Oct? Been awhile since I've been around thought I'd see whose looking at what dates. My daughter my only fishing partner for the island are going the last of Oct first of Nov got to play the school dates. & Drumit almost forgot about him like to hear from him to. Tight lines

I'm still undecided. Would love to make one more trip, but it is a very long drive and not sure I can get my act together to do it this year by myself. Currently thinking about short trip 1st week in Oct via NOBX taking ferry route through and maybe cabin for a night or two. Planning on formulating a better plan in August.

Got over on the first boat after the storm and fished the week… Between the storm flooding, north east wind and lunar tides it was sure-nuff full pond. But the weather was beautiful and the fish bit in the holes, plenty of short drum, toads, a few whiting and yes slot drum were found.

IMG_1304_zpsjd5lsitd.jpg

This was Kingston hwy 70 at the east side barricade junction of 58 / Monday 17th…for those familiar Neuse Sport Shop is just out of sight on the left.

IMG_1307_zpsibp4wv06.jpg

Best of fortune 

Dave

Crossed over on the 27th & headed S to get the camper set up. Set up on a small hole  there & caught blues & spot that made for some bait later & 30 in drum. 10:30 rolled around on the falling tide & my daughters big rod goes off 30 to 40 minute fight helping her she beaches her first drum ever a fat 46. Her ole head swells & the trash talking begins :laugh:  Sat early my brother pulls the hook on a good fish after a short fight so the rest of the day was small fish through the night. Sat saw Mitch setting up for his run N chatted with them for awhile then we struck out N ourselves hole hopping along the way & settled in one around 10 or 11. Nothing but more blues Then the big skates moved in & hung it up for the night after loosing some tackle. Headed back S Sun & settled back in our small hole we started at same again blues mullet & more spots.

Towards dark set out the big rods again on the rising & at the top of the tide my rod goes off good fight & head throws I put my pb on the beach a 48. Great weather & good to see old & make some new friends. Looking forward to hear how Mitch did this week he had some great weather. Will try to post some pic's later