Rate this topic

969 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JohnYacht said:

Guards haven’t started shipping yet and The launch date got pushed out to May but you will see it in just about all your local tackle shops. 

Did you guys release the sealed Shield 3000 yet? If not, any idea of when?

Edited by Pma531

Hi John Yacht...new to the forum... Recently bought a Shield 5000  and cant wait for Spring to fish it! A quick question for Tsunami...

Is there a video available online to see the process of converting to bailess?  I bought the kit but would love to see a video or tools used to remove the e clips in (part 2) of the conversion... thanks!

Edited by Lostonasandbar

What would does a rotor break mean? Does that mean it stays in place better as to not spin and snap shut breaking off lures? If so would the guard be more prone to casting break offs not having a rotor break?

23 hours ago, Metal_Z said:

What would does a rotor break mean? Does that mean it stays in place better as to not spin and snap shut breaking off lures? If so would the guard be more prone to casting break offs not having a rotor break?

You got it right.

Not to get to off topic but now that leaves me wondering if the original penn fierce does not have a rotor brake. That is the only real on which I would loose plugs all the time, never had issues with my cheaper Shimano or more expensive Daiwa 

Anyone know why the Guard's are only on ebay and a handful of 2nd string online retailers? Was hoping for a 2000 to fluke with.

Has the old stock of original 3000 sized Shields been sold off by now?  

My preference would be to not have the odd 1st edition drain hole model

Edited by 55555s

FWIW I mail ordered a Guard 2000 for $50. Confidence was low, but it came! Nice reel so far, spooled it with 10# braid at the local b&t, but fluking sucked the day I had it out.

Bumping an old one. 

I looked around and short of weeding through 27 pages, I figured I'd ask these quetions again:

1) are th 3000 and 4000 the same body with different rotor, or are they physically different size.  

2) are the big box stores stocking the new ones by now, or are we still seeing old stock of the drain hole models?

Thanks in advance

Bought the new model (13 seals) Shield 4000 yesterday at a local B&T.  They also had plenty of the Guard and another less expensive model as well - all being sold as sealed reels.  My B&T had the Shield marked $89.99 but was having a end of year 30% off sale, so I got it fairly cheaply just to try out.  Spooled it with 15 lbs. standard PowerPro braid.  Got to get out in the garage and pick a rod for it (something 7') and try it out this evening. OH