2017 New Product Launch - PENN Torque II

PENN Fishing

Also new for 2017 from PENN – updated Torque II Spinning Reels.

The Torque II is our top-of-the-line spinning reel, designed for heavy duty fishing from either boat or shore. The Torque II reels feature the best of all that PENN has to offer - CNC Gear technology, our new IPX6 Sealed System which keeps water out of the gear box and drag system, and our updated Slammer Drag System which now utilizes our proprietary Dura-Drag material. Designed and built in the USA using domestic and foreign components.

• CNC Gear Technology.
  • Full Metal Body, sideplate and rotor.
  • IPX6 Sealed body and spool design.
  • Sealed Slammer Drag System with Dura-Drag.
  • 9+1 stainless steel bearing system.
  • Instant Anti-Reverse bearing with silent back up ratchet.
  • Superline Spool eliminates the need for backing.
  • Line Capacity Rings let the angler know just how much line is on the reel at any time.
  • Now offered in silver cosmetics as well as gold (all sizes) and two bail-less models (5500 and 7500 only).

• MSRP for the Torque II spinning reels is $699.95 to $799.95
Edited by PENN Fishing

Both the Torque II and Slammer III are sealed reels.

Sealed simply means it's sealed (has seals in key areas to keep water out).

Sealed means different things to different people....some think you can submerge it 100ft, some 3ft, some don't think you can submerge it at all....which is why we decided to get specific with IP rating.

Eventually seals wear....which makes the more susceptible to water intrusion. How long does a sealed rating last....100hrs of use, 6 months, 1 year, the life of the product?

Bottom line is the Torque II is sealed better than the current Torque....and we're comfortable giving both the Slammer III and Torque II an IPX6 rating.

Mike

Sealed means different things to different people....some think you can submerge it 100ft, some 3ft, some don't think you can submerge it at all....which is why we decided to get specific with IP rating.

Eventually seals wear....which makes the more susceptible to water intrusion. How long does a sealed rating last....100hrs of use, 6 months, 1 year, the life of the product?

Bottom line is the Torque II is sealed better than the current Torque....and we're comfortable giving both the Slammer III and Torque II an IPX6 rating.

Mike

so would you say that the slammer III and torque II are sealed to the same level? 

oh, and thank you for answering all our questions

so would you say that the slammer III and torque II are sealed to the same level? 

oh, and thank you for answering all our questions

They are sealed differently.....they are rated the same.

We're still tweaking and testing the Torque.....so I can't answer your question at the moment.

The Torque will be sealed as well as the Slammer III or possibly better when it's all said and done.

Mike

Mike, I am curious about the water seal rating on my

original Torque reels. I would never give them up for

anything, but you guys never had any kind of rating

system for the first generation. The seals always kept

the water out in all conditions for me.

So tell me the difference between the first gen.

and the new Torque 2. Is the sealing pretty much

the same? Anyway, thanks for the great job with

all the new releases. Looking forward to my

Torque 2 purchase. Thx

Mike

Mike, you already answered my earlier question. Dopey me!

Maybe I should have read the whole thread.....lol. Thx

for this good info.

I love the single side plate on the Torque II. Great idea. And I can agree on the answer as to the sealing of reels being the same but different. My only concern is where to place my hard earned money. Which by the way I'm sure Penn is hoping to have the answer. Do I invest in the T-II or the Slammer III ? I love the SSV line with the bail less 6500.