Sparky

When Headhunters Call

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

I've gotten several calls in the last few weeks from headhunters who are obviously fishing. 

Twice the caller has had a distinct accent, probably indian dialect.  

The accent is so thick that I can't even understand what they are saying. And I am 99.99999% sure they don't have a damn thing worth offering me.

It's ok to tell them to send me an e-mail, right? I'm trying my hardest not to tell them to go piss up a rope. 

Avoid H.H.'s who call you like the plague,  if they don't know much about you and are calling you at work.  Or if "language/ English- challenged,"  as you say...

However,  if the caller knows specifics re. what you do...  and presents his thoughts/ ideas/ plans for you Professionally/ intelligently...  and he asks zero $ from you to get his process going...

Then,  take that THAT H.H. seriously/ do play ball!  (To get more info.  And if all seems legit...  go ahead!)  

Avoid H.H.'s who call you like the plague,  if they don't know much about you and are calling you at work.  Or if "language/ English- challenged,"  as you say...

However,  if the caller knows specifics re. what you do...  and presents his thoughts/ ideas/ plans for you Professionally/ intelligently...  and he asks zero $ from you to get his process going...

Then,  take that THAT H.H. seriously/ do play ball!  (To get more info.  And if all seems legit...  go ahead!)  

These guys don't know **** from shinola. It's obvious they got a copy of my resume' and are no better than a telemarketer. But in case of that .00001 % chance they're legit, I'm trying my best to be polite. It kills me. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

...FWIW, just be polite and tell them that you are very happy where you are. If that is NOT the case, then be polite and see what they have to say.  Be aware that someone calling themselves a headhunter may actually be working for your own employer, for another purpose.

Edited by fm/nj