luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - July 2016

Rate this topic

113 posts in this topic

Hinder pomp shark man. My next will be my first. Hit the beach this morning 0600-0830 and had a good time. The bunker pod ran steady for 7-8 blocks and was in close enough to grab a handful for live bait and my freezer. I got a skate, two dogfish, some kingfish and a baby blue. It was a fun morning. There was an occasional run through the pods (probably blues). Good to see six cups this morning. I have to thank him for last week steering me away from the squids strips in the white tub. It is useless except to feed the crabs. Whole squid cut into bits is rock solid.

Still lots of trout around but that was about it. Tons of bait stacked up in the bay, only thing on th em were birds and shad.

Fished out front and nada, fished the bay and nada. Some parts of the bay were pushing 90 degrees.

Went over to the island Saturday to see if I coukd rake some fleas and get a couple kingfish. Kinda shocked the water was down to 68 and if I got a dozen fleas over a 500 yard stretch I think I was lucky.

Nice pompano Dave!  We fished just about every day last week on vacation. Caught plenty of kings in the surf, along with a spot, weakfish, and a dogfish, most of which were taken on fbcb. We got a few skates on cut bait, but they don't seem to be a fan of the fbcb, which is fine with me.  Also got into some decent sized schoolies, a blue, and a flounder in the inlet. All in all a good week for mid-July.

We've been running down to OC every weekend for most of the summer.  Just spending Sat on the beach and driving home Sun.  El asked to go fishing on Sun so we went out in front of the condo for an hour or so.  Pretty constant for that hour....got 7 whiting and 3 spot all on FBBW.  One spot in tight and the rest as far as I could toss it.

She likes to pose for the camera...funny kid.

post-10188-0-66825700-1469461740.jpeg

Every friggin time with the pictures....I blame Marcus.

Anyone on the boardwalk Sat night?  Heard it was "interesting"

hey its not my fault you hold your camera sideways when you take pitcures.....

sky said something about a fun event saturday night she heard about, that took all the OCPD personnel.....