Sebile Stick Shadd 182 floating DISCONTINUED

Rate this topic

Tailslap

If you say so but only one person in this whole thread said something negative about what can happen when a large company takes over a small company. And that was me so why would you post a comment about how people automatically assume the worst when a large company takes over a small one in a thread where only one person may have said something even close to that. Not many people said something like that in this thread.....one. Doesn't quite fit now does it.

I mean, it doesn't just apply to fishing companies. Can be anything. As an example, I'm a car guy and love mopars (Dodge/jeep/Chrysler). Mercedes ruined them and stole their money and technology and people think fiats going to do the same when the opposite is happening.

Patrick came up to the Canal a few years ago specifically to fish with a few friends and see the phenomenon taking place with his baits in the northeast.  When he was here I had the opportunity to fish with him a few times as he was visiting a good friend of mine.  Guess what we fished 90% of the time.  Guess what everyone else was using when he was up here.  He saw it first hand and specifically told me how blown away he was with peoples support of his product up here.  This whole thing makes no sense to me other than Pure Fishing has no idea what they are doing.  When they acquired Sebile they discontinued the Ghostescent stick shadd because they had none in inventory due to being on backorder.  They never thought why it was on backorder???  It took them over a year to figure it out.  This website is the largest striped bass website there is and one of the largest fishing websites out there. Do a quick search on floating stick shadds and see what they are selling for.  Why can you not find anyone selling them online?  Pure Fishing has no clue what is going on and it is pretty evident.  I get the Penn guy has to stand up for them but come on.  I would be surprised to see many larger surf casting communities than here on Cape Cod and the Cape Cod Canal and you discontinue the most popular lure you have.  Good news is that word has gotten back to Patrick and it looks like it is in the works to return the model in 2018 as 2017 is already lined up and is not scheduled to return.  I hope people let them know at icast how much they dropped the ball on this one.  This is not some buthurt fisherman that his favorite lure is discontinued.  I am speaking for a lot of people up here.  Shaking my head.

Patrick came up to the Canal a few years ago specifically to fish with a few friends and see the phenomenon taking place with his baits in the northeast.  When he was here I had the opportunity to fish with him a few times as he was visiting a good friend of mine.  Guess what we fished 90% of the time.  Guess what everyone else was using when he was up here.  He saw it first hand and specifically told me how blown away he was with peoples support of his product up here.  This whole thing makes no sense to me other than Pure Fishing has no idea what they are doing.  When they acquired Sebile they discontinued the Ghostescent stick shadd because they had none in inventory due to being on backorder.  They never thought why it was on backorder???  It took them over a year to figure it out.  This website is the largest striped bass website there is and one of the largest fishing websites out there. Do a quick search on floating stick shadds and see what they are selling for.  Why can you not find anyone selling them online?  Pure Fishing has no clue what is going on and it is pretty evident.  I get the Penn guy has to stand up for them but come on.  I would be surprised to see many larger surf casting communities than here on Cape Cod and the Cape Cod Canal and you discontinue the most popular lure you have.  Good news is that word has gotten back to Patrick and it looks like it is in the works to return the model in 2018 as 2017 is already lined up and is not scheduled to return.  I hope people let them know at icast how much they dropped the ball on this one.  This is not some buthurt fisherman that his favorite lure is discontinued.  I am speaking for a lot of people up here.  Shaking my head.

good post,thanks

troll #122  <*)))<

RR, the knock offs are good, I use them at CCC, only after I find fish with the Real Deals, K.O.'s do catch,,,,,,,, also in JOISEY !!

A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

if you get the right retrieve, and use ur rod correctly. yes the K.O.'s do catch fish, don't forget when fish are on top, and when are aggressively feeding,

Edited by lureman
A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

I have a heavy blue mackerel 5 ounce knockoff.I heard the knockoffs aren't as good but

I should give it a try anyways

The issue is only with the largest size stick shadds knock off. The patent hadn't expired so no tail weight in that one.

The next size down knock off stick shadds are fine.

You could cut the tail section open with a coping saw, stick in a slug of lead in the tail slot and reseal the largest knockoff stick shadds.

The issue is only with the largest size stick shadds knock off. The patent hadn't expired so no tail weight in that one.

The next size down knock off stick shadds are fine.

You could cut the tail section open with a coping saw, stick in a slug of lead in the tail slot and reseal the largest knockoff stick shadds.

Or you could possibly drill a small hole on top of the lure maybe 3 inches up from the tail. Then pour in some buckshot as you keep the lure positioned with the tail straight down. Put in some epoxy and let dry with tail in downward position to hold buckshot in place. How much buckshot might require a little bit of trial and error. Should work. Good to hear that the big floating Stck Shadds are coming back from Sebile. That would be the easiest answer for all of us.

Or you could possibly drill a small hole on top of the lure maybe 3 inches up from the tail. Then pour in some buckshot as you keep the lure positioned with the tail straight down. Put in some epoxy and let dry with tail in downward position to hold buckshot in place. How much buckshot might require a little bit of trial and error. Should work. Good to hear that the big floating Stck Shadds are coming back from Sebile. That would be the easiest answer for all of us.

Brilliant! Even easier.

Maybe someone with a busted up one could weigh the tail weight and all would know how much weight to add. I have seen one opened, it is a separated cavity. I would imagine the whole thing is filled.

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2016 at 2:01 PM, In The Surf said:

Brilliant! Even easier.

Maybe someone with a busted up one could weigh the tail weight and all would know how much weight to add. I have seen one opened, it is a separated cavity. I would imagine the whole thing is filled.

Any chance that anyone has done this or even someone with a cutaway view of a K.O.?  I have a few of the Reel Power Handles K.O. version sitting around and would like to try loading one.  Is the tail weight the only difference between sinking and floating?  If so, I could just do the math on the weight difference and add that amount of shot/epoxy.